Belladonna???

DeirdreS

Hi everyone. We recently returned from our vacation in Maine. Hayley had daily tanrums and much difficulty getting along with siblings for any decent period of time--but I expected that. Still had a great time.
We've been on Efalex for three and a half weeks now as well as a Gaba product. She takes four capsules of each daily without incident. But I've got to say that I don't see any difference yet. I realize that it can take up to 3 months to re-establish the necessary amount of EFAs so I will continue. But my naturopath prescribed a one time treatment of Belladonna last week. Hayley took 3 small tablets under the tongue at night when she had finished eating and drinking. The naturopath said that she was hoping this would lessen the tantrums--either the number or the severity.
Now I looked all over the web and I couldn't find any articles that mentioned belladonna for impulsivity or anger. I did find that it was used for colds, bedwetting, nightmares and fever--but nothing for anger or impulsivity.
I'm just wondering if anyone has heard of this remedy before? We don't see our doctor for another 5 weeks and again, she said that this might be effective within a week or it might take 6 weeks or it might not be the solution. I'm just curious if any of you have tried this remedy? Let me know. And Kyle's Mom--how long before the Efalex seemed effective for Kyle?

Katie8

Yes, our homeopathic MD recommended belladonna for the "fits of anger" we were seeing for my (then) toddler difficult child. Sometimes it did seem to work and he'd go a day without attacking or biting someone. At some point we did realize that Belladonna wasn't working for our child and the MD tried other remedies (Sulphur). In the end (and several years afterwards), we determined it was food allergies causing his violent rages and impulsive behavior. Just yesterday another doctor we're seeing added 3 more homeopathic allergy mixes to our treatment.

Good luck!

Yes, I have seen belladonna work for children who have tantrums. Remember that homeopathic medicines are used to treat the "whole" child, not just a symptom. I have been told that many children who need belladonna like lemons a lot.
D'Leah
From William Boericke, MD: Belladonna acts upon every part of the nervous system. It has marked action on the vascular system, skin and glands. Patient often lives in a world of his own.

I believe the Efalex is meant to be taken as 8 capsules daily for the first 12 weeks or so, and then dropped down to ? whatever maintains the desired effect.
It's very expensive for those first 12 weeks!!!

Andrea /importthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif