Belle Update

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Well... She's been out a month. And so far, I'm seeing a young woman that I truly enjoy spending time with. Someone who is taking her medications, trying to find a job, working out issues with her license and a bench warrant that was issued because she missed court while in prison. (Turning herself in for that one, with release paperwork!)

She took her engagement ring from the ex-boyfriend and pawned it, got herself some decent clothes. She's not dressing extremely inappropriately anymore. She's just plain beautiful on the outside, and the inside is glowing too.

Even Pat has noticed and is enjoying the "new, improved" Belle. Rose absolutely adores her (and it's mutual).

Pretzeling that this lasts... I love this kid.

Sherril2000

So happy for you! I know it's hard but try to enjoy every moment without worrying about what will happen next. Sounds like she's trying, & God bless you for being supportive of her efforts!

CrazyinVA

Staff member
What a wonderful update to read! I agree, enjoy each moment ...try to live in the NOW and not think too much about past or present. Push away any "what ifs" that pop into your head. For NOW, life sounds pretty darn great, and that's what matters.

Childofmine

one day at a time
That is great news annieo. We only have THIS DAY so relax into the relief. Tomorrow will take care of itself. Enjoy every second of this time with her and with your calmer self. These are good days.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Saturday, husband and I went to a movie and Belle and Pat were to watch Rose.

It did not occur to me until husband said something about the locks on his car... That I didn't even THINK about locking our bedroom... And I trust her for a couple hours with Rose and Pat.

So wonderful... To not worry about this stuff.