Belle Update

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I'm so tickled by Belle... She posted an Instagram of her "baby belly". Part of me wants to remind her that she's not "showing" yet... Not at 10 weeks. But only a small part... I won't!! I couldn't wait till I was showing, either - so I completely understand! Her excitement and joy over being pregnant is infectious, even from a different state.

I wish I could be nearby to share her pregnancy, but logically speaking, it's better the way it is. I know she's thinking about biomom, and if she shares too much with me, it will feel like a betrayal. It's OK. I'm throwing her baby shower here! I'm treating it sort of as if I am a close aunt.

She's about a 4-5 hour drive from me, so I can get there if she needs me. But she's away from the really bad local influences, which is awesome for her!

Baby's daddy (Wyatt in my signature) is a really good guy. A little old-fashioned, in that he wants to be the breadwinner and caretaker. But he just adores Belle and is super happy that he has a little one on the way. They're planning on eventually getting married, but it's not urgent. I'm glad for that.

She's doing so well, so much better than I would have expected a year or so ago.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I asked Belle if I could be called "Nana", as all the grandmothers in the family are called "Grandma ___". It could be pretty confusing. PLUS, I don't want to take away from her mother... Even though I didn't like the woman or her actions, Belle loves her.

Scent of Cedar *

I asked Belle if I could be called "Nana", as all the grandmothers in the family are called "Grandma ___". It could be pretty confusing. PLUS, I don't want to take away from her mother... Even though I didn't like the woman or her actions, Belle loves her.

You are amazing. This is so generous and kind a way to love and protect Belle and her baby.

I am excited for you.

Cedar