Bench Warrent

pasajes4

There is not a bond. I stayed home from work today and missed about two weeks of work since the original arrest. I can not stay home any longer or I will be dropped from the rotation. He is on his own. He seems to think that this is some cat and mouse game and he is the cat.

DDD

It likely is healthier for you to return to work so your attention is diverted from the truly sad state of affairs with your difficult child. Truly I am sorry that you are living in this nightmare.

Some of difficult child#1's friend dodged police as teenagers and loved the attention and excitement...others believed they could dodge the cops for years if they wanted to do so. Sigh. It is such a conflicted and confusing age for the boys in particular. Particularly those with MH issues. on the other hand I can attest to the fact that I know two families who had sons basically behaving exactly like your son (the local police even used helicopters at night with lights circling familiar neighborhoods!) and both those boys are now functional men who thru the grace of God (perhaps) did not ever get labeled as felons. It's hard to hold out hope but I have seen it happen and pray that you son can pull out of those cycle. Sending hugs. DDD

pasajes4

I just got through talking to a police officer, very nice young man, and hopefully If he comes home I will be able to talk him into turning himself in. He might be able to save himself a trip to TYC.

DammitJanet

Well that is good. I hate to say this but I have been living this life so long that bench warrant doesnt mean too much to me. Cory has had a few bench warrants for missing court dates over the years. Its hard to remember them when you have as many as he has had...lol.

pasajes4

He did come home and I talked him into turning himself in. They came and picked him up about 10 min. ago. He asked to hug me before they cuffed him. He was crying when he walked out the door. I am numb.

DammitJanet

Its always hard. Always. It will also be okay. He will be okay in there. I know you are terrified and imagining the absolute worse but it will be okay. Tomorrow first thing find out if he can have commissary or how to work the phone system.

pasajes4

They don't get commissary and they get 1 phone call per week and 2 visits. He will have a detention hearing in the morning. He is in juvie. They are very well taken care of. Our county does a good job in providing therapy, schooling, and medical. He will be there for awhile.

DammitJanet

I wasnt sure how juvenile works because mine never went through juvenile. He waited for adult. Well he did do a week in juvenile at 14 but that was different.

Im glad you have a good place that you are comfortable with. That makes it better. Or somewhat easier.

Im used to adult jail and I know how I handle adult jail and I have a list I go down when he hits it.