Best eyeliner, lip liner, blush

Scent of Cedar *

Just wondering what you all think are the best brands.

Lip liner: I had one I loved, but sharpened it beyond the brand name. Now, I cannot find a decent lip liner. This was a pencil, rich and creamy, and matched my lip tone exactly.

Mascara: Revlon in the green metallic tube. I am allergic to most mascaras. This one goes on beautifully, stays very well, and is easily removed.

Blush: Still looking for that perfect blush. Most recently, have tried a creme blush. Nothing I like well enough to recommend.

Makeup: L'Oreal Visible Lift This product contains retinol, and that is why I got it. I like it. No allergy symptoms from it.

Eyeliner: I tried a plum colored pencil liner (something like $5). I found it at Sally. I like the plum very much. Not so shocking as black and yet, added definition.

What about perfume?

I have been wearing Jean Paul Gauthier. But here is a funny thing that happened. I was wearing nothing but Nivea skin lotion? And someone complimented me on my perfume!

Cedar

recoveringenabler

Staff member
I recently started going to Sephora. The women there are very helpful and offer options which have really worked well for me. Plus, it's fun to shop there. I use their Sephora brand of blush, it's Blush Creme, their Sephora brand of mascara as well. I like the Urban Decay shadows.

I buy China Rain from a local small shop where they make it...........I've been wearing it for 30 years and get non stop compliments on it, it is a lovely fragrance.

You can go online at Sephora and check out products and reviews. Sometimes I just order online, but I like going in to the store...........a real girlie kind of fun time.

I agree, go to Ulta if you have one nearby. Right now there are some generous gift with purchases also at Macy's, look on-line. You can buy some great kits with eveything included and matching.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
I like Ulta too.

Cedar, I use Stila 'stay all day waterproof liquid eye liner', it stays! I use Stila Perfecting concealer which works great. I use Sephora atomic volume maximum volume mascara and Urban Decay eye-shadow primer potion underneath Urban Decay shadow, the 'Busted' color. The 'smokey eye' works for me and after some experimenting and advice from the pretty Sephora sales reps, it's again fun to put makeup on!

susiestar

Roll With It
I have had to become uber picky about makeup. I cannot tolerate even the most 'hypoallergenic' makeups that I have been able to find. Doesn't matter the type or brand, my skin reacts.

Blush tip - if you find a lipstick that perfectly matches your coloring in a natural way, buy a second and use it as a cream blush. it usually blends well, you get far more than you would with many blushes, and it can look very natural and flattering because you have far more color/shade options.

I have very pale skin and have loved navy and plum and charcoal eyeliners for years as they look more natural.

I lve ELF makeup. You can now find some things in regular stores and they are inexpensive but don't cause reactions as long as I don't use foundation or powder or powder blush. They have an all over color stick in several shades that is lovely on cheeks, lips and even eyes if you want a natural look with just a hint of color. A few years back I bought their big makeup kit with all the eye shadows, lip colors, etc... I have really enjoyed it and I figured out which colors I really liked and was able to order just those when it came time to replace it. Their eye products, with the exception of mascara, are very very nice and don't cause me to react. Ulta products do for my eyes, though their lip products don't.

Recently I fell in LOOOOOVE with the lip gloss sticks from ELF that I found for $2 at a locally owned grocery. Their colors are very good but not super strong/dark. Given I don't wear much makeup, these are great for me.

I have yet to find a mascara I really love. I have tried the expensive waterproof oil proof everything proof, the super inexpensive ELF waterproof mascara, and most other brands in between them in price. Not a single one stays on for more than 4 hours, most transmogrify me into a raccoon in under 2 hours. Maybelline great lash waterproof is the longest lasting, but it makes my eyelashes fall out every single time. It annoys me to no end. I have thought about dying them because I do have decent lashes, but mistakes mean possible serious side effects and the one sense it would totally freak me out to lose is my sight. So I am not willing to risk it by putting dye that close to my eyes. Esp after I became very allergic to hair dye.

witzend

I've been using Dr. Brandt's Pores No More Refiner as a base. I absorbs all the oil and gives me a nice even tone. I have to admit that I have been dabbing a bit of lipstick on my fingertips and then dabbing/rubbing into my cheeks for color. It's the right shade and it doesn't take a ton of it. I use L'ancombe Mascara but need to buy more. It's the only thing that doesn't gunk up and look awful.