Best parent/teacher conference ever!

Californiablonde

I am sooooo happy! My son's case carrier reports that he is doing really well and he is a joy to have in class. She says he hasn't had one single behavior problem whatsoever this year. As a matter of fact, she gave me a mandatory sheet on the new detention process they are having at school this year. Then she says to me, "But Christian never has any behavior issues so you probably won't even need to read about it. He's a good boy." The last two years difficult child 2 was constantly bringing home misbehavior cards for things he had been doing wrong. This year he has not received one. Also, psychiatrist gave all of his teachers copies of the Connor's rating scales to fill out for his ADHD. He scored very low on all of them. He scored low to not at all on the attention portion. His teachers say he has no problem at all focusing in the classroom. One teacher went out of her way to write down on the paper that difficult child is highly intelligent. The only negative anyone had to say about him was that he has a hard time speaking up to adults. If that's the only negative thing they have to say about him, then I am super happy! His Focalin has made all the difference in the world. I usually dread parent/teacher conferences each year. This year is so different and I'm thrilled. His dad still thinks the medicine is doing him no good. Ha! I have nothing more to say about that. I am so relieved that my son is doing so well. Very proud of him!

Californiablonde

Thanks, ladies. I am super relieved he doesn't seem to have any issues this year. He is truly a easy child at heart. Thank goodness for small favors. difficult child 1 is having serious issues this year and I truly thank God I only have to deal with one. The last two years were so stressful on my son and he was doing so poorly. He used to hate school. Not this year. He was at the parent/teacher conference with me and when the teacher asked him if he was looking forward to the three day weekend he said no. He said he'd rather be at school cause he loves it there. Something I never thought I'd hear come out of his mouth!

InsaneCdn

So, there you have it. Having solved difficult child 2's major issue (there's probably still minor ones... <grin>)... it's now time to solve difficult child 1's major issue...

One down, one to go.

You can do it, Warrior Mom.