Best rage ever

JJJ

Tigger got really mad today and screamed at me, stormed off outside, and used the pool cue to hit his punching bag.

Why am I happy??

1. He walked to the end of the block and returned on his own.
2. He calmed himself down and gave himself his own punishment for breaking the pool cue (he cleaned the basement floor).
3. He told me that he needs more help on not getting so angry cause he doesn't like it, then he gave me a huge hug.

While I wish he hadn't blown up at all, I am so thrilled that he was able to pull it back together, make amends and express himself!

klmno

Well...we all we've all had moments of not acting the way we are proud of when we get angry so I think he did a darn good job and he also let you know that he "gets it" and that must be the most comforting thing for you. Good job to you and him both!

StressedM0mma

Wow! THat is great!! I would love for my difficult child to do that. I always worry that if I let her leave, that she won't return. You should be so proud of him. That is so wonderful. Here is to more good days.

JJJ

He even gave me a kiss goodnight!!! For the last year or so, my formerly cuddly little boy wanted nothing to do with hugs and kisses, I am so thrilled that he seems to be getting over that 'don't touch me' phase!

A kiss goodnight.....sigh...:kisses:

B

Bunny

I don't think you could have asked him to react any better than he did. And I'm glad that he gave you a kiss good night. I hope it continues.