Better news and today, here I go.

Ropefree

Banned
The last news about my Mom is she has started trying to talk, finally. She is one tough cookie, my Mom. Her sounds are not clear, but my Dad said that he and she were communicating a bit. Medically she is improving.

In the mirror I see how grief sticken looks on a face after 18 months, that is how long since her original stroke. I have a cucumber in the freezer for that double eye treatment.

I took one day off from crying and talking with anyone about it.

It has slowed me down alot, the grief. But yesterday my son and I went to his dental treatments and so forth. Nothing has been smooth or on target. I have the things that need to go in the mail, not the address. I leave the house and in it my purse.

Our phone minutes are all used. This has never happened befor. I had cut my home phone among other non-essentials so that I could cover the dental treatment costs fully confident based on how little I use the phone and then ....

Plus while doing all these calls I heated up the phone so much the battery buckled the back of the phone.

Hopefully the documents going to the ed att will be helpful.
I have errands and then I, myself, am going to have a few hours of down time befor the next session of family therapy.

Hope everyone is having a good day. And with it your own purse or wallet
where you like it and need it most.

B

bran155

Great news about your mom. I will for sure keep her in my prayers. So sorry about all of the other stressors in your life right now. I hope you are able to enjoy that much needed down time!

Hang in there girl. :)

LittleDudesMom

Ropefree,

I have moved this post to the Watercooler because that is where we post non-difficult child stuff.

Glad to hear mom is moving foward!

Sharon

maril

It is good to hear positive news about your mom! I suppose you have breathed a little sigh of relief? My dad suffered the effects of a stroke for many years. My mom was always there for him but it was still quite difficult.

Is your mom involved in therapy, a stroke support group, or otherwise?

I had been receiving a magazine (American Heart Association/American Stroke Association) called "Stroke Connection," for some time and assumed my mom had sent it along to me (?). Then, not so long ago, I told her how I had learned from the magazine, when she told me that my dear dad had arranged to have subscriptions sent out to family members, including me. I was touched. It really is a good publication, if you are interested.

Lothlorien

I'm glad your mom is pulling through.

If you phone is less than a year under contract, they should replace the battery with no questions asked. While you are there, ask them for an extension of your minutes for the month or ask them if you can use a phone card or something to help you out while your mom is in the hospital.

TerryJ2

Your mom sounds like a great person.
I think that taking a day off was good for you. Way To Go on the cucumbers. (Do they work? Sounds like it.)
I am so sorry about all the stress.
Hey, I've never heard of that happening with-a cell phone b4! I agree, check out the contract.

In reg. to everything NOT going smoothly, that's what happens when you are under extreme stress. You have to double check everything--whether you have your keys in your pocket, whether your cell ph is charged up (and whether the battery is cheap ;) ), if your shoes and socks match, if you have gas in the car, if you called to confirm the dentist appointment, and if you really stopped at that last red light. When we are under stress, it impairs our judgment and we make even MORE mistakes, compounding our stress.
been there done that. Please, take care of yourself.