It's been a while since I posted. Much going on, not much of it good. Peter Pan is now back in the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) where he was last fall. We got 1 week's insurance coverage for what is supposed to be a 6-week (incredibly expensive) program. When I agreed for him to give this another shot, I said verbally and in writing that if was not fully committed to the program and fully participating, I would no longer pay for it. Well, he is a far cry from fully participating, and we're at 2-1/2 weeks. The clinicians in the program are putting heavy pressure on me to cough up for the full program anyway--because discharge planning takes time, because they need his "buy-in," and because they fear he is at risk for suicide if they simply discharge him to the streets. I've responded that if they think he is at risk for suicide, they should take him to the emergency ward or the state hospital, but they say they do not have the evidence (i.e., an attempt) to do that. He has taken to threatening suicide whenever he can't get his way, and I can't tell if the clinicians are buying into his crying wolf, or if the risk is serious. So I feel stuck--wanting to preserve my limited resources for what is sure to be a long haul (he has now been definitively diagnosed with a personality disorder, and he is very deep in debt from poker), and wanting to hold firm on consequences for his non-participation, but not wanting to second-guess his care team or letting them pass the responsibility for his potential suicide over to me. Has anyone been in a place like this? Any advice?