Beware the Wild Turkey!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Beware of the wild turkey that roam the yards this time of year.

We've had about 10-15 of them grazing (and pooping) in our yard every morning these past two weeks.

Meanwhile, my two pups came down with wicked bad dysentery that lasted a whole week! At first I thought it was just a virus. I tried some home remedies that helped a bit and then one morning while looking at the turkeys it came to me, "those turkeys!" I limited the time my dogs spent hanging outside and didn't let them eat any grass or sniff around and they got better.

Now, easy child's puppy is here and we haven't seen the turkeys too much, but they are still around. easy child's pup doesn't hang outside without me, but one day while talking with H, she was licking at something in the lawn....well, she got the dysentery! I was up all night last night with her running outside.

Turns out the turkey poop makes my dogs poop - too much!

Beware!

Lothlorien

We have a lot of deer and we have the same problem. I have to watch my dog when I put her out, too.

When you see the turkeys, can you bang on some pots or something to scare them away. If you keep doing it, perhaps they won't roost there anymore?

M

ML

At first I thought someone had been partying when I read this title lol. Sorry about the dogs. I agree with trying to scare them away. Tell them it's getting close to Thanksgiving and that you're thinking of taking up meat again lol.