Bifocal update

Andy

I CAN SEE!!!! How wonderful. I had no trouble at all adjusting to the bifocal (makes me wonder if they are made right?) Anyway, I do notice that I can see alot better - maybe I just needed them so bad that the adjustment made sense to me?

I don't know, but I CAN SEE!!! :) :) :)

donna723

I'm so glad you've had no problem with them! Changes in your vision happen so gradually that sometimes you don't realize how bad it's gotten until you get new glasses! Mine have made a world of difference!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I got my very first set of bifocals nearly 20 years ago, after I got tired of constantly forgetting my reading glasses on job sites.

My reaction was just the same: "You mean all I have to do is look down slightly and I can SEE to read without changing glasses? How cool is that?"

Whether to go with variables or lined bifocals is a personal choice. At the time I got my bifocals I was living in a small town in Germany and the variables were not available so I went with lined.

I had so little trouble adapting to them that I stuck with the lined. I tried the variables once but didn't like the reduced visual field.

Now? I'm 48 and my vision is changing some more. I need new glasses and those will likely be trifocals. My only concern is that I might not be able to wear the small lenses I prefer

Andy

Yes Heather, I can see you now! I can even see your imanginary pebble! :rofl:

Abbey, On your way to Oshkosh, stop in and see me - I will have you talk to my eye doctor. Maybe we can get you set?

Going North, When/If you need trifocals, I hope they go well for you. :)

My eye doctor told me that this seem to be the year for folks born in 1962 to get bifocals. She said several of her clients born in 1962 have already come in for them.

:rofl: