Bifocals

BeckyW

Ohhh...Suz,
You are so bad.
I got my transitions about 6 years ago. The day the guy came and installed my satellite and handed me a post card thing and said this is the channel lineup and all I could see was tiny green squiggles, I realized that my genetics had finally caught up with me. I made the appointment. with the eye dr. that day.
Several $$$ and a week later, I got the brandy-new transitions glasses. I put them on and wore them out of the dr's office. Aked my friend who went with me "Am I walking funny?" (My mom wore bifocals and always walked funny---Stepped too short, raised her knees really high, etc. when she got stronger lenses.) She said no, so I think Hey when I get used to these things sitting on my nose, it wont be so bad. Then we went to a popular hamburger chain for lunch. I was standing in line, looking at their menu board in front of me and loving the fact that I could read both it and something I was holding in my hands when my friend said something to me. I glanced sideways toward her... and the whole world tilted. I am glad I was standing still. That was the most sickening sensation I have ever had. It only happened a twice, and it has never happened since, even though the dr. has increased the strength in my lenses about every 18 months since.
Last time, I got contacts. Not the bifocal contacts, but a contact in the left eye for reading and a contact in the right eye for distance. It works really well and I love the not having something sitting on my nose. The one contact for each eye concept is similar to the results of the lasik surgery. It might be something you want to check out in the future. I still wear my glasses when I take the contacts out.

dreamer

For me the worst time is in the car driving, and scanning all directions.............UG, and the radio and ashtray and gear shifter all seem to fall in the magic bad spot.
I hate my bifocals, esp for driving.