Big Brown

Sara PA

I'm going to sit here and watch the Belmont Stakes hoping Big Brown wins the Triple Crown but I can't shake this fear that I'm going to see another tragedy.

donna723

That's exactly why I'm NOT watching it! I'm not even sure what time it's on.

I prefer to just catch it on the headlines. If anything bad happens, I don't want to see it.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Hope he does get it. Heard a story about Big Brown's jockey. His son was born with a hearing problem and they put in cochlear (sp?) implants and then found he has Cushings Disease which means he will slowly go blind by the time he reaches adulthood.....

Sara PA

He was last. The jockey eased up because "I had no horse". He wasn't going to push a horse who had no chance of winning anymore and maybe a problem. Something is wrong but they have no clue what. Could be something as harmless as the horse just doesn't like hot weather. Or it could be any number of other things.

everywoman

I waited all afternoon and was so disappointed. I was really pulling for Big Brown. What a beautiful horse and story. Wonder if it was lack of steroids?

Star*

call 911........call 911
After the last tragedy I simply can not watch or get interested any longer.

But I always said IF I did have a race horse (not the retired one I got) but a real honest to gosh race horse? I would name him Five Oclock.

That way if I were at work OR at the track people could always cheer

COME ON FIVE O'CLOCK.