Big hugs to all on "this day"

Steely

Well, I have officially relegated "this day" to any other normal day. Not because I am really grinchy, or sad, but just because it is really, just another day. My family is all out of town, and it is just me and my son - so we will open a few presents later, and have our own version of Christmas munchies, but there is only so much you can do with a Christmas lacking in family of friends. And there is really no point in stressing myself to "perform" an all American traditional Christmas - or feel sad because I don't have a Normal Rockwell painting occurring right here in my living room. :wink:

I know many of you are in the same boat, for varying, or other reasons, where today is simply another day. So, I just want to send hugs to you, and celebrate yet another day with you.
:sled:
On this day, I will not look at how many gifts I received, or how many people I have at my Christmas dinner - but I will look at what I do have as a life.

I am thankful that:
-I have a job
-I have 3 days off in a row this week!
-difficult child is here, and not in phosph, and that he is being manageable and calm
-I have food, a house, and am warm
-I am a healthy, able bodied person
-It is sunny here, and a beautiful 60 degrees
-I have 3 awesome fuzzbutts, who love me unconditionally
-I have love from what family and friends I do have, and not one person in my life is a dysfunctional, unhealthy influence (big improvement for me).
:its_all_good:
How about you?

Merry Christmas to you! Not many people have that Norman Rockwell holiday. In fact, every single person I know is dreading going here, there, and everywhere to see this awful person, and that. OR they have to have some annoyance of a relative come over ruining the day. Looking at your list, you should consider yourself lucky! It's just the 5 of us here and that's the best! Enjoy!-Alyssa

Star*

call 911........call 911
Willow,

A MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOUR SON!!!

I've decided that since this day is Christmas and it represents the birth of Jesus - that instead of getting - I'm going to give a present to him. I figured out sitting and watching the moon last night that every year Christmas rolls around and it seems to bring out the absolute best or worst in folks. All running around making plans, getting upset, feeling like a failure, doing without, and I just don't think - this is what this day should represent. Then I sat and wondered if this were MY birthday would I expect to give presents or get them. This is when I realized I hadn't given a present to the person whom this day is for. And what could I give?

So I figured I would give a better version of myself in daily life. I will try to be more appreciative of the things that I do have - the blessings I have, not sad for the things that I don't. I'm going to work on being more helpful, kinder to others, giving, charitable - and when I do this - it will be my present for the birthday we celebrate, but somehow have seemingly lost sight of.

I'm vowing to make this the last holiday that is so sad - and work the next 364 days towards making next year a total blow out. Because I don't ever want to feel like this again - but only I can make that choice. IF I start now - I may make it by this day next year.

I wish you peace, joy and love for the coming year, and a special caring for your (also) hurting heart Willow -

Much Love & Merry Christmas
Star

Fran

Former desparate mom
Big hug back at you. Finding a way to make this holiday a positive experience says a lot about your upbeat outlook.
We can all see the glass as half empty or half full. Good for you for your choice.

Steely

Well.........of course I jinxed myself when I said difficult child was calm. Now, he is having one of his epic meltdowns.......just like every Cmas. He is screaming that he hates himself and wants to die.

God, and, now I am right there with him. I tried so hard to be happy, and peaceful, and positive, and now I would just rather disappear into oblivion. OMG, why? Why can't I just have one day of peace? Just this one day?

Now we are both sobbing, and crying.......and, I know, both wishing that there was just one more person that cared enough to give us a hug and make this cmas different. I have not even made a dinner yet, and I guess I won't. I mean, I guess even to have little trinkets of cmas stuff is just too much. I am so, so, so tired - and yet I am trying so, so, so hard.

My dad has been helping me out the last couple of years financially while I tried to take some time to care for difficult child. Now my dad has brain cancer. I have to make enough money for us again.........and deal with a house, and a difficult child, and, well everything. It just all seems like SO much sometimes. Like me getting the flu, AND doing all of this.........or falling and smashing my knee......but needing to go stand on my feet all day as a retail manager. It just all seems like TOO much for one person sometimes. But yet, it has to happen. Where is my prince?

I know, now I have done a complete 180, and reverted to whining and feeling sorry for myself. I will keep trekking the trek........I know how to do it.........just don't wanna sometimes.

Wiped Out

Staff member
You had the right attitude about Christmas and looking at the positives. I'm sorry difficult child melted down and the day didn't turn out better. Gentle hugs to you.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am sorry the day had to include a major meltdown. Sending gentle cyber hugs, I care about you! It does seem overwhelming sometimes, that is why we should all take it one day, or hour, or minute at a time, whatever we personally find manageable. I am sorry your father is ill, I am glad you have him for whatever time you do have him.

Hugs,

Susie