BIG Phone call coming ...

donna723

So today's the day! My daughter in Charleston is 16-1/2 weeks pregnant and she has an appointment today to have a 3D ultrasound done! With a little luck and if the kid cooperates, they should be able to tell if it's a boy or a girl! :D

These aren't the ultrasounds that the doctor does and it's not covered by her insurance. She's going to one of these places that just does the 3D ultrasounds - she'll have one done today and another one at 24-28 weeks, she says when it's 'bigger, fatter and cuter'! I've seen those 3D ultrasounds and they're just amazing! You can very clearly see it's whole little face just like you were looking at it, count all the little fingers and toes! And hopefully tell if it's a boy or a girl. They didn't think they'd be able to schedule it this soon and she's so excited she can't stand it ... and of course, 'grandma' here has a slight interest too!

And wouldn't you know it, thinking they wouldn't know the sex before Christmas, I went out and bought dozens of little gender neutral baby things, all in yellow or green or white! I have a whole big box full of t-shirts, onesies, blankets, tiny little socks with Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch on the toes, a soft little Pooh Bear and rubber duckies! I wrapped each item seperately in pink and blue tissue paper and put them all in one big box. They'll have a lot of fun opening them all. But I haven't mailed it yet, so when that phone call comes, I'll still have time to run out and buy a few little pink dresses or little blue boy things before I seal it all up!

Stay tuned, folks! I'll post after I get the call! Can you tell it's my very first time at being 'grandma'? :redface:

Last edited:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Donna

Hold on to those gender neutral items. Believe me pink or blue gets old after awhile and having other colors to choose from is wonderful. Of course knowing if baby is a girl or boy does let you "add" to what you've bought with some cute items gender appropriate. ;) :)

easy child was going to have this ultra sound done. (they do it in Dayton) But decided her budget won't allow her to splurge. She's saving to have time off after the baby comes.

Fingers crossed baby cooperates.

Hugs

donna723

UPDATE! The baby is a little BOY!!!!

She was so excited! They started making phone calls as soon as they left the building and got in the car - she was on her cell phone calling me and sister in law was on his cell calling his aunt! I could hear him in the background and he sounded so happy! She was really, really hoping it was a boy and she's so thrilled she was just bubbling over and giggling! I think the memory of what she was like as a teenager was what made her want a boy so badly! She's been through some really rough times in her life and I just love seeing her so happy!

Stay tuned, folks ... only 23 more weeks to go! ;)

mstang67chic

Going Green
Congratulations!!!!!! It's so fun especially when you know what the baby is! My sister is pregnant and found out this week that she's having a girl. Actually, sounds like your daughter and my sis aren't too far apart in their pregnancies.

Have fun shopping!!!

donna723

Mstang, Allison's due date is May 20th - that will five days after their fifth wedding anniversary! She's so tickled that it's a little boy, but I was secretly eyeing all those lacy little pink things in the stores!

Jena

i'm so sorry i dont' know how I missed this one. How exciting!!! A baby boy!! Congratulations.......... babies are so very much fun. She must be thrilled.