Bill payments calendar

Lothlorien

Anyone have a good one? Maybe one that pops up and reminds you that you have a bill that's due? I had a billminder widget that never worked from Quicken.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Do you have Microsoft Outlook? I use that. But if you don't have it, I believe gmail has a decent one. I haven't actually used it, so I can't say how well it works. But I've heard good things.

Josie

Have you tried online banking? I can enter bills when I get them and say when I want them paid. The bank either wires the money on that day or sends a check to get there then. There is no charge for this at my bank.

SRL

I use my Microsoft Outlook calendar also. I enter regularly occuring paydays as an item on my schedule and then enter all the bills that need to be written plus what cash needs to come out for music lessons, school lunches, haircuts etc. during that two week period in the note section.

I've been doling out the cash in sealed envelopes right away and try to get the bills sent then too.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I print a page out with mulriple copies of what's due on the 15th and the 1st and tape it in my day planner. lol Pencil in extras.
Not high tech, but works for me.

trinityroyal

I find a combination of online banking and Google Calendar to work well for this. For things that I want to deal with manually, I set up a recurring reminder in Google calendar. For other things which I want to pay automatically (fixed monthly amounts, for example), I have set up online banking to send an automated payment 7 days before it is due (this allows for the 5-day transfer time plus a 2-day buffer to avoid any late fees).

Google calendar is a great scheduled manager overall. And it's compatible with Outlook, so I can set up appointments within both of my calendar systems (work and personal) with a single entry.