Billy had an interview today

DammitJanet

My oldest had an interview today for a job at social services...this was for the same job I started out with there years ago as a caseworker.

We think he did well on the interview. They do this structured interview type thing where they give you ten questions and you answer those questions and you are graded on those.

Now the downside. I worked there...lol. I didnt leave on the best of circumstances. One of the interviewers was my old supervisor. Isnt that just dandy? It couldnt have been the worst person. Out of all the supervisors in that building to pick from they had to choose my old one. Argh. And dont you know the man made some snide comment at the end of the interview to Billy about how he wouldnt hold Me against him? I am livid...lol. The man is a jerk.

DDD

That is wonderful. Somehow I had the impression that Billy was
not able to hold down a job. What a delightful thing to find out
I'm wrong! LOL! DDD

F

flutterbee

Keeping my fingers crossed.

How nice that your old supervisor is so gracious. :rolleyes: He's obviously not very bright to have said it out loud. Duh.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I was under the same impression as DDD that Billy was unable to work. This is great news regardless of whether he gets the job or not. Good for Billy. I'm glad he tried.

Suz

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet

It would be wonderful for Billy if he does get it. I'll keep body parts crossed for him.

If it's a stepped thing, then is your old supervisor the only one to make the final decision or is it a consensus??

DammitJanet

Billy is able to work he just has a bit of a social skills problem. He has problems getting past the interview stage primarily. He is really a great guy. Smart, honest, hardworking, loyal. His aspie tendencies just get in the way a bit on first impressions.

However, government work may just be the perfect job for an aspie! This is basically a job where you fill out forms with clients, make sure they are complete, meet eligibility criteria, enter it into the computer, and voila! Over and over again.

As far as how the interviews are graded...it is done by a scoring system. The 4 people in the room are told to keep a score of how they think the person answered the questions. The person who gets the highest score from the interview combined with the highest test score gets the job. There are two positions open.

We think he did well on the test because he always tests well. There hasnt been a test made he cant pass. He also got his letter for the interview in the mail the next day which was a good sign.

From what he told me he answered on the questions I have high hopes because I think he nailed the answers pretty well.

everywoman

Great news Janet. Get Billy a job, get Cory out the house, get husband well, and get a new grandbaby soon---and you're getting your money--things certainly look better.