Binging - Stress Stinks

Janna

Ugh my lifestyle change totally changed this week for the worst. My belly is sore.

Stress is horrible for me. I go straight to the kitchen. D had an awful night last night, I was so tired and wasn't cooking. To McDonald's we went (of course, I couldn't have gotten a salad :sick: - HAD to have the Quarter Pounder WITH fries, of course).

Sitting here eating Doritoes. Dunno why because I don't even like them. Had a fudge round earlier, didnt even bother to look at the calorie count.

I made ham and baked mac and cheese for dinner. Typically, I'd have had my 5 ounces meat, 1/2 cup pasta and 2 cups veggies (green beans). NOPE, more like 10 ounces meat, 2 cups pasta and 1/2 cup veggies.

Why???????? I don't know.

I've probably consumed enough to put 2 lbs on this week. I haven't dared to get on the scale. I've been skipping my hot green tea at lunch and evening which really curbs my appetite.

I am gonna try to get back on tomorrow. I've lost too much to go backwards. I know how to make the right choices, I just haven't given a darn.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

M

ML

One day at a time. Let it go and resolve to do better tomorrow! I understand how you feel, many of us do I'm sure. Hugs, ML

'Chelle

I so understand where you're coming from. Got a phone call from school about difficult child this week (first this year), everyone in the house has been sick (especially husband :headache:) and there I sat later scarfing down 1/2 a bag of Cheezies. And while I knew what I was doing, at the time I truly didn't care. Guess the cheezies were the comfort I had to have. Anyway, they're gone, and I'm back to trying to stay with my "eating for life" plan. Sticking to portions, the foods my body needs to work and be healthy, and extreme moderation on anything that's considered "snack food, special treat food". As ML said, one day at a time. What's past is done, dwelling on it always makes me just want to go eat more, 'cuz "what the heck I've overeaten already".

LittleDudesMom

Janna, the great thing about life - tomorrow is a new day.

I too eat when stressed. I've been under a tremendous amount of stress the last several weeks. I've been keeping up with my exercise routine, but the eating is no great - no awful, just not great.

Get back on that horse and don't beat yourself up. Both of us have lost a good amount of weight this past year. We don't want to back do we????????

Support and hugs.

Sharon

B

bran155

I never thought to come to this forum. I guess because it's title has the word "healthy" in it. LOL I just started my diet, or should I say, changing my eating habits. It is soooo hard!!!! I used to weigh 123 pounds and now I weigh 225 pounds!!! Over a 5 year period, I have actually gained a whopping hundred pounds. It is sickening to me. Only myself to blame. Met my husband and got way too comfortable. My daughter's chaos has caused me to basically give up on myself. I now want to be the skinny girl I am when I close my eyes. Because the mirror tells me one thing, but in my brain I am still that hot chick!!! LOL NOT!!!

I have had the Wii fit for months but haven't opened it yet. I am actually going to try it this weekend. I have been eating Smart Ones, Lean Cuisines and salads. I eat yogurt and bananas for snacks. Although I would much rather eat ice cream, chocolate and cheese doodles!!! The hardest part of the day for me is nighttime. I don't really eat much during the day. (now I do, now that I am dieting) I consume enough junk food at nighttime to feed a small country!!! I just sit and veg out in front of the tv. Then I wake up the next day and all of the food is sitting on my lungs!!! I feel like carp!!!

I am only on day 3. Call me the newbie!!! :)

bran1555- Good for you! Once you've been at it for a while, a pear will taste equally as good as a piece of cake. It's truly one day, sometimes one minute, at a time.

Janna, don't beat yourself up! What happened yesterday can happen sometimes, going off the diet is ok, now you're back on.
We can't deny ourselves everything, or we will fail. Once in a while, we have to eat what we like. Today, you continue on. Perservere!! You can do anything for one hour! Say that to yourself all day, every hour if you have to. Continue on, hold your head high and start fresh!! You can do it!!!!-Alyssa

M

ML

Bran welcome! I'm very proud of you for taking the first step. It's one day at a time. You can do this and we are here to support you. Hugs, ML

N

Nomad

I agree...the stress is horrible (for us all), it is good that you have recognized that it is causing problems in this area and that you are taking steps to tackle the problem.
WW helps me and folks here have mentioned websites that have helped them.

One thing that I do when super stressed, is eat those little cherry tomatoes. Sometimes, I pour a little low fat salad dressing in a small bowl and use it as dip as well.

I also really like grapes to munch on.

When I'm really stressed...I look for things to chow down on...snack foods (like what I mentioned above). These things are super low in calories and have a lot of flavor.

Also...you might want to buy those big jugs of Diet Arizona tea....green tea and peach. They are really good. I suppose you could warm them up...but they are very good cold too. This would be a quick way for you to have tea for comfort when you need it.

Wishing you good health and happiness. Hang in there.

Last edited:
B

bran155

Thanks for the welcome. I guess I had a brain f*rt as I posted on the Watercooler about my first day using the Wii fit. DUH!!!

Anyway, I used it today for the first time. I did the step exercise. It was hard to catch on at first but once I did it was a lot of fun. I did 30 minutes.

And I lost 3 pounds so far. It is so hard!!! I miss chocolate and pepsi! :(

I hope all of you are doing well. :)

lovemychocolate

I am selective to an extent--love DARK chocolate. I have deep intense cravings for chocolate. I was so tired--like dragging my body tired. I had started to make a cake, but the effort needed to put into the cake was just too much. I was melting chocolate in a double boiler on the stove. I made the frosting, but not the cake. I ate the frosting from the pot with the big spoon--I used my fingers to get what the spoon couldn't. It was absolute heaven. Eating that chocolate satisfied every molecule in my body :redface: