Bipolar ex getting married. I love it!!

KFld

For those of you who remember my ex cheated on me after 27 years of marriage, around 4 1/2 years ago. I am now happily divorced and he is unhappily engaged. His fiance is not the one he cheated on me with, but when he started dating her she was everything he always wanted me to be :) She works with him side by side and spends every single waking moment with him, like he always wanted me to do. I've heard from many people his favorite saying now is, be careful what you wish for. He's always telling people, including my nephew just a month ago that he will never marry her.

Well guess what. He called my easy child last night and said guess what, I'm getting married. She asked when and he says March 19th!!! He said they have to do it then because he's just so busy every other weekend and they are going to Florida the following weekend, I guarantee so they can honeymoon in Disney, just like him and I did LOL

He is a landscaper and he snowplows. Now the grass isn't growing yet and the snow is pretty much done so why he is so busy nobody can figure out, but I know when he doesn't have one or the other to do he gets very impulsive and doesn't know what to do with himself, so I guess this will keep him busy for an afternoon. Usually during his down time he would make huge purchases, like snowmobiles or cabins in VT. At least those are easy to sell when you realize you were a little impulsive. LOL

I hope he goes through with this. I just can't wait until I hear that he is once again a married man because I know he is going to be miserable...................

H

HaoZi

I gotta laugh with you there. My divorce isn't final and he's at the point where he's ready to sign anything to have it final - but he doesn't sound too happy with his girlfriend. He's one of those "gotta have somebody" types.

busywend

What comes around....

He will regret this for sure! Like watching a fire start...it is just smoldering right now...

susiestar

Roll With It
Gotta laugh with you. Sounds like he is really setting this marriage up to not succeed. Why anyone wants someone to be with them 24/7 I have no idea. He sure won't be happy once he gets it, lol!!!

I am so proud of the way you have built your life to be exactly what you want! I remember how hard the divorce was on you, and how thrilled you were with your new place as you decorated and arranged it exactly as YOU wanted! Do you still have that snazzy garbage can?

I guarantee you that he asks about you and how you are doing. It is super true that living well is the BEST revenge!!!

I hope your "revenge" just keeps getting better and better and better!!!

donna723

I'm so glad that you're enjoy it! I'm laughing right along with you! If you are very patient, what goes around DOES come around, and if we're very lucky, we get to watch it all unfold ...

Happened to me too and I thoroughly enjoyed it! My ex cheated on me with this fat, trashy, slutty woman who had already been with 90% of the guys where we worked. Her only attraction was her availability and the fact that she didn't mind that he stayed drunk all the time. Once that happened, he was stuck with her because he could not come home again - no way. He put it off as long as he could but he eventually married her. She cheated on him with anyone that would have her, spent every dime he made on silly stuff for her and her two nasty children (who both had police records before they hit the age of ten!), and she talked him in to doing things at work to make some extra cash under the table, things that caused him to lose his job. As soon as his paychecks stopped, she moved on to his best friend whose wife had just died weeks before - better known as "the Beneficiary" of the life insurance which she happily helped him spend! A few weeks before our daughters wedding the ex moved back to Florida where his family was - easier to mooch off of them in person than through the mail. He came up to S. Carolina with his sister for the wedding and spent the entire time telling everyone his sad tale, how this woman had treated him so badly, she had wronged him so, yada yada yada, poor pitiful him! And everybody just looked at him strangely because they all realized that she had just done to him EXACTLY what he had done to me and the kids! The only one who didn't realize it was HIM! Too bad, so sad. It was a long time coming but I wouldn't have missed it for the world!

KFld

Suesie star, yes I still have the snazzy garbage can. I think of the reaction I got from this board often when I posted about it. I love it!!

Donna, the funniest part of all of this is we went to highschool with his fiance and a few years before we split up and he started dating her he was telling me about how he heard she was robbing her ex boyfriend blind because he had put property in her name to avoid paying taxes on it and when they split up, she wanted half of what she never owned, then when they got together he helped her get half of it. He accused me of stealing and hiding money when we split, so I can't wait to see what she does to him!!!!

Don't you just love karma???