Birthday blues...

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
My difficult children's birthday is this next Thursday. Both have a horrendous case of the "see my twin" blues.

After all of last week's nonsense, foster mum & I had a very frank discussion this afternoon when we dropped wm off. FM & I decided whether the Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) tdocs considered kt & wm stable enough, they would have cake together. If nothing else a 15 minute birthday visit.

I'm scheduling PCA to work late that day - FM is scheduling Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) therapist to work late that day. We will gather, sing happy birthday, open gifts if tolerated by the tweedles & hit the road.

It's been 3 years since kt & wm have seen one another on their bdays. Both have a need to eyeball one another & the therapeutic end are dragging their collective feet.

Right, wrong or indifferent - a 15 minute visit on the tweedles birthday will not disrupt the treatment plan. FM & I believe it may get the Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) therapist's off their rearends & get the monthly visits scheduled.

If we wait for kt & wm to be stable on the same day, of the same month & the same year - ah heck.

I simply cannot imagine what your mommy heart is going through. I can't imagine what those poor kids must feel like!

A second helping of prayers for the Timer Lady and the Tweedles tonight.

May it be a happy birthday.

Alisonlg

Good for you for standing your ground! It's great that you and FM have such a great relationship.

I hope the Birthday celebration goes wonderfully!

OMGosh, Linda, you will have actual teenagers now???!!?? UGH!! LOL!!

But seriously, I will think very positive thoughts that the birthday celebration goes without too many issues for anyone!

Hugs and happy birthday kisses to the twin teen tweedles!!

Vickie

G

guest3

<<<<HUGS>>>>

There are no sitcoms out there that come close to showing a life with difficult child's. Only Lifetime Movies, sigh................

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sounds like you have a good plan-it will be short and well monitored! Will be keeping positive thoughts on Thursday that all goes well. Hugs.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Linda

You're right. Fifteen mins isn't going to ruin anything. If you have an opportunity for a family moment, then grab it.

Hugs

On_Call

Will cross my body parts and rattle my beads, Linda, that the visit goes off well.

I can understand kt and wm's need to see each other once in a while - even with everything they've got going on. And, I agree that 15 minutes isn't going to put either of them off track - even if it doesn't go perfectly.

I applaud you for giving it a shot. I can't imagine how intense your stress level will be that day.

Big supportive {{{hugs}}} to you. :angel:

F

flutterbee

Sometimes a mom's just gotta do what a mom's gotta do for her kiddos regardless of whether the pros get on board.

Sounds like a good plan. Happy Birthday to the tweedles.