Black and blue ... and the answer is...

DammitJanet

Good for you Sue!

Hair grows but his memories of you letting him make this decision will stay. Just keep the pics so you can torment him when he is 25...lol.

'Chelle

I've always gone with the hair style/colors are temporary so I wouldn't have a problem with it. My difficult child's two best friends dyed their hair black and it looks terrible, and difficult child agreed so I doubt he'll be doing anything like that. Piercings I'm ok with too, as long as their ears LOL. And tattoos are permanent so I've told him he'll have to be over 18 'cause I won't sign for one. I like tattoos, but I think you have to be older and really understand what you're doing. Of course, with difficult child's needle phobia he won't be doing either of those anyway LOL.

I think saying yess and letting him decide is a good plan. I think it was wonderful that he took the delay in you're decision without a meltdown. He's made a lot of progress.

mum2JK&TH

It's nice that he asked, good for him :smile: I say let him do it! However, my difficult child has had a red stripe down the middle and black sides for hockey playoffs, which then went to orange, pink and we had to have it bleached out. So then it was really blonde with black sides. The black has now grown out and currently he's got the blonde throughout his natural brown color. He wants it done again but we just haven't had time.
easy child's is dyed lighter and sadly needs to be done again as well. Only problem with letting them do it is the keeping it up :smile:

If you do let him do it, let us know how it turns out :smile: I agree with the "it's only hair and it's not permanent".