Black Friday Specials: Need help, looking for HDTV and computer

JJJ

I'm trying to find

(1) a HDTV around 42-46 inches.
(2) a laptop computer

The only way we can possibly get these is with an awesome sale. Anyone hear of any????

H

HaoZi

I'll check with a friend of mine, he just got a new laptop that he loves and even checking it against the Black Friday ads he doesn't regret his purchase. I don't know if he got a limited time sale or whatnot, but he'll have some good advice on it. I'll reply again as soon as I hear from him (expect later today, he's in a different time zone and likely snoozing ATM).

klmno

I bought my laptop refurbished and it came with a 90 day warranty, has everything I need, and has worked great. It was less than $250. Wally world has good lcd/hdtvs for a good price- I bought a 42" one there a couple of years ago and we loved it- no problems at all with it. Make sure you check the picture from the distance and angles you'll be viewing it from at home before purchasing though because all brands are not equal. The brand I got was not a major brand but not unheard of and costs a lot less now. Here, they had them at wally world for about $498 a couple of months ago. Even people who were use to lcd/hdtvs said this one had an excellent picture.

I know you asked about specials and sales but I have no idea about them.

susiestar

Roll With It
If you go to www.gottadeal.com , you can check out a LOT of sales for Black Fri in one place. You can also find threads on deals on various items. I haven't looked at all the threads this year, but there have been threads for items like this in every past year. Registration will let you ask questions and is free.

In addition to awesome Black Fri info, the site is great at helping you locate the best deals, freebies, etc... all year round, and the people there are very very nice. Around the holidays and often one time in the summer they have a sort of gift exchange that is a LOT of fun. I have participated twice. You give them your name and some info along with a mailing addy. You get another member's name, addy and info. there is a limit (it was $15 for the summer and $20 for the holiday) so that everyone spends about the same amt of $$. One of the challenges is to see who gets the most with-o the sender going over the limit (honor system). I got some items that were clearly freebies, and some super great stuff that would have been a splurge I wouldn't ahve done for myself, but LOVED. Anyway, I also got a huge amt of fun sending items and seeing what I could send, including some freebies and some really great deals and some items we bought in the past that we didn't use for one reason or another, usually because we got several and the one we opened bothered one of us, usually me. I even, after asking if it was allowed, was able to get rid of a bottle of perfume that caused me no end of migraines but wasn't returnable because I got it in a contest. I happened to be lucky and get someone who mentioned it because she likes perfume and was asking for any samples.

This site has helped me send "thinking of you" items to a couple of relatives now and then. I go through the freebies and send any that they might like directly to my relatives. It makes them feel good, and helps me by not having to shop or ship. I did ask the relative before i started so that they wouldn't be bothered by some extra junk mail because of course you get on some lists. It has been esp fun for one aunt and uncle who LOVE perfume. They usually have a LOT of perfume samples when new ones are released and there is no way on earth I could pick them up in the store and mail them. Several years now, Clinique Happy perfume has done a Valentine's Day deal where you can send a gift to yourself or a loved one for free - it is a teensy spray bottle sample of the perfume, but packaged nicely (nicer than most samples, and a bit larger than a typical sample size) with your personalized message. I have NEVER been able to find that deal other than on the gottadeal.com site, though there is always a link to follow.

Gottadeal.com has been written up in most of the big national magazines from Glamour or that type to even the Wall Street Journal in past years. Not sure it is written up this year, but it was one of the very first Black Friday sites on the internet.

For your tvs (if you managed to read all of this), or any other item you need a real deal on, check out their threads and ask in that thread. If there isn't a thread it will fit in (tvs will fit, other items may not have a thread that they fit into), just post. For the first while you will have to wait for a moderator, but they are pretty fast, esp this time of year. Don't forget to do this at other times of the year!

H

HaoZi

JJJ, I PM'd the info from that friend to you. It might be more computer than you need, but it's a great laptop. He's a gamer, paralegal, and computer wiz, so he does a lot on it and he loves it.

busywend

www.bfads.net

Has all the flyers scanned in. Check down the left for the stores ads - or go to 'categories' then you can search all the stores for televisions or laptops, etc.

Some sales are not much different than what the prices are this week.

Mattsmom277

Just a wee heads up about t.v. purchases on sales like your boyfriend's (our boxing day) and other mass price cut t.v.s

I bought our current t.v. at walmart. It was one of those limited sales (only 4 per store) and I paid $749 for a Sanyo 50" LCD t.v. (which I love by the way!). They sell now for $1249 so the deal was far too good for me to pass up after months of watching a t.v. i hated when my rear projection big screen gave up the ghost.
e
I learned after purchasing, how these deep discounts occur. They are almost always a different model number than standard ones for that brand. What happens is the companies manufacturer a small amount of t.v.'s in a model number specifically to shop for these sales as a promotional thing, get people talking etc. These models have less features than the standard models (even the big companies like Sony do this). Just wanted to let you know that in case it bothers you.

It didnt bother me at all. I know this model I have does not carry the built in sound thing, where commercials etc don't suddenly go too loud etc, it balances the volume type thing. Im sure there are more features "missing" but I am loving my t.v. and we pushed our limits to get the $ for that sale price, so paying normal cost wouldn't have happened for us. We are quite happy with our model of t.v. But I'm sure some who are into all the latest features etc might be upset upon getting home and not always getting what you thought you were.

DammitJanet

Well, if you are looking for an inexpensive laptop...go checkout the radio shack boyfriend sales ad. I have heard they are having one on sale for less than 200. Now you do know, when they advertise these things, they probably only have 4 or so in a store, so you have to get there when they open.

To get my ereader, I am gonna be there when the doors open because the manager knows me and knows I am coming just for it.

SRL

I'm also in the market for a tv, only a small one, so thanks for posting this.

We had a site for promotion codes posted here last year. What was that?

susiestar

Roll With It
It is most likely the one I posted, www.gottadeal.com . If you don't see what you want/need, you can ask and someone will usually have one or know of one that they will share. You can also get advice on what to look for, and info on what the various options are.

You can ALWAYS google "Company Q discount codes". It will usually pull up several different ones.

With gottadeal.com you can post bargains/deals/promo codes if you want. That usually gets you entered into a contest - they usually have really nice prizes.