Black Friday

trinityroyal

Aha! Now I understand.
Canadian Thanksgiving is the second Monday in October, so we don't have this. Our equivalent is Boxing Day, the day after Christmas. (Well, actually, the day after the day after Christmas, because Boxing Day is a statutory holiday and the shops are closed)

It's insanity and chaos, great savings but WAY too many people. I'm with those of you who stay far far away from the stores on Black Friday.

For those of you who do venture in though, have fun!

Trinity

susiestar

Roll With It
For people in the United States, Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving) is the largest shopping day in the year. More people shop on this day, and this is traditionally the day of the year when the most $$$$$ is spent in retail establishments.

In the past few years, websites have sprung up with early releases of major retailer's advertised deals for boyfriend. This year is no exception, but a few retailers have issued letters to the most popular sites saying they will sue if the advertisements are released before a certain date. WalMart started this, this year, and I believe Office max has also done this.

I love hte phenomenon that is boyfriend!!! I usually have fun with it. If I get somewhere and the lines are too long or the people are mean I just go elsewhere. But usually if you are willing to make it fun others will join in. Noone wants to have a bad time, in my opinion!!!

Susie

Susie, you are a riot.

You are the only person I have ever known to refer Black Friday as boyfriend.

Heck, you are the only person I have ever known to call it a phenomenon either.

:rofl:

You must have a black belt in shopping...

K

Kjs

I went to Best Buy and was looking at an item (it is in the BFADS.net) so I know it will be on sale after Thanksgiving. I told them I am interested in purchasing this item, however I was afraid of what items would go on sale on Black Friday.

He told me if it does go on sale on boyfriend I just need to come in during sale hours and bring the receipt with me to recieve the discount.
Walmart told me the same. Although their boyfriend ads are not on the website yet.

DDD

No....I have never done boyfriend and will be pushing daisies before I
ever consider it. on the other hand, I have done something "worse". Really!

Back in the 60's I had a friend who, like me, was a single Mom.
One year she convinced me to go to KMart with her on Christmas
Eve!!!!!!!! You all would not believe it. They had "red light
specials" where they turned on special lights and then made big
announcements like "for TEN minutes the red trikes on Aisle 3
will be maked down 50%". :rolleyes: People would take off running from wherever they were to claim a trike...and then had
to keep their hands on it or it would be ripped away. :hammer:

My friend, Patsy, died a few years ago. When I visited with her
last we verbally traveled memory lane. I told her that she had
probably ruined her immune system with all the years of Kmart
red light specials. LOL She did it EVERY year until her kids
left home. Oh my. I am not a wimp but mob scenes like that are
too much for me. DDD

I like to go and laugh at everyone but I'm so poor I can't even afford most of the stuff they put on sale and I refuse to get a credit card but my husband has tons!!!!!!!!!!

April

Ok, so add 1(ok 30) more to the crazy bunch! My mom, aunts, sisters, and some of my cousins every year rent 2 15 passanger vans....and at 3:30 on boyfriend, we are up ready and raring to go, one bunch heads to the stores the other heads to the bucks and we meet up with warm yummies to wait in line...all 30 of us with no reservations and belting out Christmas songs and playing dumb games until Wal-Mart/Best Buy/ Who ever opens and we are usually the life of the party....boyfriend isn't Black Friday it is BEST FRIDAY of the the WHOLE YEAR...and that includes my years when I worked retail too...I would do the early thing then work the evening shift....I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!!

Kathy813

Staff member
Getting up early on black Friday and going Christmas shopping always sounds good until the alarm goes off. Then I turn it off and go back to sleep.

:rofl:

I'm a big online shopper now. Pricegrabber is my new best friend.

~Kathy

saving grace

I did that last year at Circuit City with a digital camera bundle. I bought it online but did a "store Pickup" then when I went to the store I had them do a price adjustment. There should be no reason they wont do the adjustment as long as the store does them on a normal day.

BUT you would have to go to the store during the special sale time and get the adjustment. So you may have to get up early anyway.

Grace