bleh

Silly me got my flu shot a couple weeks ago and thought I was good to go.

Felt SO sick last night I could not get warm and my neck & shoulders felt like they had been hit. My fever spiked to 103.

Went to the doctor-in-the-box this morning, and I have pneumonia in my right lung.

2 weekends ago, Tink was at her dad's place, and it turns out that he had pneumonia, but we are not sure if he was contagious while she was there.

My question: How did he pass it to me and skip her? She just has a cough and stuffy nose that is being controlled with Triaminic strips.

Oh, anyone want to come over and take care of her after school? TIA.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I am on my way!!!! Auntie Totoro is coming with a bunch of Movies, big kid and little kid.... big soft fluffy robe and slippers for you!!!! one of those heat in the microwave bean things shaped like a kitty to wrap around your neck!!!

Some soothing tea, yes you will drink it!!! A hunk man (for you)... he is certified in massage and many other healing arts!!!

Tink will be in the other room with me and I brought games toys and snackies!!!

I also brought a blow up Hottub that doesn't use any electricity so it wont tax your bill.... it"s easy child... so you can sit in it with MR MAN and watch movies and drink the healing tea with stud muffin... did I mention he looks like Toby Keith?

I should be there soon.... :bath: :swimming:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Tink has the resistance of a child. Which is usually better than an adults.

Sorry you're feeling so crummy. I've managed to catch yet another darn bug myself. I dunno, this is a bad year for me. :frown: It's not really helping that everyone in the family seems to be in various states of the same bug. argh! :ill:

Sitting at school right now wishing I was home in bed.

Hope you start feeling better soon. Make sure to get as much rest as you can.

((((hugs))))

F

flutterbee

I hope you're feeling better soon.

You're resistance is down, that's why you got it. With your Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), you're probably more susceptible.

So sorry you're feeling lousy. I hope you get better soon.

(((((((((((hugs))))))))))

Well one dose of antibiotic and a sleep filled afternoon and I can honestly say I feel 50% better.

MAN that was horrible.

Thank you all for your well wishes. And for your get well package, T.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I don't know if you'll get any sleep if Auntie Star comes and is WITH Auntie Toto -

But I'll come over, er....well if you can just bundle her up and set her to the door - Germophobe and all - lol

(Sprays tink when she isn't looking with Lysol) Yes, OF COURSE I'll come right over!

:flower: for your :ill:

witzend

Take it easy, girl. That stuff can you! And, of course, the more rest you get, the sooner you will recover. Drink lots and lots of fluids!

meowbunny

Oh, yuck! Surprised the doctor didn't tell you to get pneumonia vaccine with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).

In the meantime, rest as much as you can. You'll be feeling better soon.

Wished I were closer and I'd help Star and Totoro get you up and moving.

HUGS

nvts

An old family remedy is coming via FedEx.

Hot buttered cricket soup!!!!

:bloodshot:

Feel better hon!

Beth

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
How are you feeling today BBK? Remember to continue to take it easy and drink LOTS of fluids!!

by the way, my reg dr said you can't 'catch' pneumonia. It's more to do with how YOUR body has handled the bug you caught. Everyong who catches a cold/flu will not always develop pneumonia, so that would explain why you caught it and not Tink. Due to my lifelong lung issues, I am also susceptible and always get the shot as soon as it's available. The earlier you get it the better.

Feel better soon!

Jo,

That explains a lot. Thank you.

I had called up husband and said to him "OK, jacka$$, how did you manage to pull this one off?" He got all defensive and said "What? What did I do?" I said "How did you give me pneumonia and not Tink?" He says "I gave YOU pneumonia? No fair. We didn't even make out!"

Dream on.

My package just arrived. I will be heating it up shortly. I like how you kept the crickets separate from the soup so they stay crunchy. Thank you Nvts.

Star*

call 911........call 911
MMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm cricket soup. She said as she crunched and almond and almost had to spit it in a trash can.

Hope you are feeling better today.

And your x doing the "didn't even make out" thing? (No emoticon for vomiting) He had his chance and blew it like his stuffed up nose.

so sad - too bad - you're the best he's ever had. :smile:

TerryJ2

BBK, I hope you're feeling better.

Nvts, is that YOUR Superman squirrel behind the other squirrel in Beth's avatar?

:rofl: