Bless easy child's little pea pickin' heart

tawnya

as my grandma would say...

She headed up a fundraiser at college to benefit the Susan G. Komen breast cancer fund. They collected old/unused bras, decorated them, and turned them in to a place in town that was sponsoring the event. They "charged" admission for the girls that came so they could make a donation to the cause. The bras were so cute, some with feathers and googlie eyes, etc.

This is really an important cause for us, since my mom, her grandma, died of breast cancer last year. It came back and metasisized to her liver. She was a survivor for 25 years, then it came back. She lost her fight in June of last year.

easy child is famous, now, too. They interviewed her on the radio, and she dedicated it to her Dee Dee.

I'm very proud of her today, and I'm sure her Dee Dee is smiling down on her, too.

tiredmommy

What a great testament to her dear Dee Dee! I'm sure this is all bittersweet to you so I'm sending you a big supportive {{{hug}}}.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Awwww! You've got to be so pea pickin' PROUD!!!!:D

What a sweet way to express her love for her grandma. And I hope both you and she always remember to do your exams and to be checked by a doctor.

(don't worry, I preach the same to my girls. mother in law was a breast cancer survivor......most of the women in her family also had it.....my girls have been taught about self exams since puberty)

(((hugs)))