Board Bead Rattling Please

Mattsmom277

First time reading the board today so I'm REALLY late ... but hoping that no news is GOOD news. Crossing fingers and toes for a good outcome.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sorry I'm late with this, I was away from the computer most of yesterday. I hope everything went well. Hugs.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Thank you all -

In true difficult child fashion - of course I left work 3 hours early - ran home, dressed for court - and went to pick up Dude. FULLY expecting to see a clean shaven, suit wearing young man...I get there and he's not showered, comes out in a wrinkled Tshirt, jeans and sneakers. He hasn't even shaved. We get there, go in.

So we sat there and he mumbled things - and I finally said - to just be quiet. He said "That is the first thing that YOU have said that I agree with." :whiteflag:

So they open the court house doors....and we go in....the police officer that arrested him was there - He hands his tickets in and the officer calls him into a conference room....asks if I"m the Mom....and says "Come on in." Oh BOY!!

The good news is - the officer chose NOT to prosecute....which means there will be no probation violation. The other good news is that he threw a few tickets out and reduced the others in half. The bad news is Dude is still without a job - and the payments are about 150.00 every 2 weeks until Christmas. PLUS his regular probation fees of $175 a month until next August. AND he won't have a drivers license for a LONG LONG time.

Thanks for the good vibes and well wishes....NOW for the high brow looks.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well, I guess things could be worse. But that still isn't a great place to be in -- even if it IS his own doing. Hope he finds some work soon... even if it's odd jobs, it's something.

You're a good, good momma Star for going there with him to show your support. You're not enabling. You're just there to let him know he's loved. He still has to figure out how he's going to iron out the wrinkles he's made in his life all by himself.

Hugs to you for the frustration I'm sure you're feeling, and for being able to still detach with love :D

Star*

call 911........call 911
Thanks CHickey -

I never got to hear the whole story - *another long story* I just knew that he was on suicide watch and I was told he was going to prison for 11 years.

But after I did - I can say this

I'm glad it will NOT be aired on COPS
I'm sorry that the conference room did NOT have a wastebasket
I'll be calling my doctor to UP my Welbutrin
Not all cops are jerks - some actually do understand our kids

DammitJanet

Better find money because they will come pick him up...been there done that. Try scratch off lottery tickets. LOL.

So been there and doing that on the no license for oh so long. If Cory hadnt gotten these new tickets he would have been eligible to get his license in 2010 but now, I think it has put him back to at least 2012 or so. He first lost it in like 2006 I think. Maybe 2007...not sure.

Dude can opt to do days instead of the fine. Might actually be worth it. God its bad when you weigh that.

Star*

call 911........call 911
He's going to see if they will let him do community service days for the town where the offense was started....he's going to talk to the chief of police. Maybe now that he owes $$ they can say yes. ????

I dunno -

He's a wreck .....

DammitJanet

I know he's a wreck. Cory has been one on so many occasions. He has another court date on another ticket on 9/24. This is the one he is going to try to get combined with the ticket in Columbus that he appealed last month where he got thrown in jail. Once they combine them and get him sentenced, well then he will do some doctor time. Probably about 4 to 6 months. He knows this going in to the whole situation. He has better nerves than me...lol.

I would be a complete basket case but then I wouldnt have been driving all over hell and half of Georgia without a license and insurance. I work extremely hard to keep up my good record.

donna723

Hi Star ... Well, I'm glad it's not worse than it is. If he was mine though, I would have smacked him upside the head for the wrinkled t-shirt and jeans! Did he go to court that way?

There is something so very wrong about the "system' though. Get tickets and big fines and fees for not having a license ... need a job to PAY for fines and fees ... how do you get a job if you can't drive to get there? It gets them in such a deep hole it takes years to get out! I don't know of many jobs that provide chauffeur service!