Board get together

Steely

I'll be there, and try and make whatever time it is work best for me. Holidays are usually not good because I work retail, but if I know far enough in advance I can usually request it.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Cleveland. Oh, my! Soooo close!! :D Well, sort of. lol Since I'm clear at the opposite end of the state, it's not that close.

Dates? Holidays are out because we make it a point to be with mother in law. Although I'll have the whole of December off for winter break from school. Then there is spring break in March. And summer for me is open as long as easy child can drive.

I don't do interstates. Period. So as long as easy child can get away to drive me, I'm good to go. I wouldn't dare bring husband.........You'd all hit me for bringing along a difficult child. :rofl:

tiredmommy

Columbus Day weekend should still be pleasant, weather-wise (that's also Canadian Thanksgiving:thanksgiving1:). Cleveland Metroparks Zoo is absolutely phenomenal! I'm about 4 hours out, near Buffalo. During the school week is tough for me because husband isn't necessarily around to get Duckie on or off the bus.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
It is for anyone who is willing to have a "great time with great friends"! I think some of us who have been in the corner one too many times may be on short notice? I guess that would exclude almost all of us?
No G'sFG and no husband's... unless they are willing to work non-stop and fetch us stuff and lots of backrubs!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Personally, I've always lived in a padded room. Not sure about Star. (Probably so.) But it does reduce the number of bruises. I kind of like snuggling up to the cold plastic walls at night. Wonder why.

Maybe my NEW RED PLASTIC FURNITURE will be a respite.

Abbey

M

ML

I just checked airfares. I don't think I can afford to travel for a while. But sounds like so much fun. Any chance anyone who can't make this one might be interested in a get together out west? Say Vegas, California, Arizona or Colorado?

Wiped Out

Staff member
Would love to go. If it were in the summer I'd have a good chance of making it. Once the school year starts I probably won't be able to make it-it's too hard to take teaching time off. If not I'll be there in spirit!

DammitJanet

As long as I get told way ahead of time so I can plan finances out...I can come! I will probably have to bring husband though as a driver but he can find something else to do with himself. I dont think I can drive all the way from NC to Cleveland alone anymore.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I would LOVE to have an excuse to go ANYWHERE by myself... even if it IS Cleveland!!! ;)

And YES, I would show up for a Western-states convening of the CD board cronies!

donna723

:( I would love to go ... but Mapquest says it's 609 miles for me. I doubt if my eight year old Kia is up for that, even if I am!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I'll need a head's up ~ may be able to pick up a few people along the way (Abbey in Oshkosh, comes to mind, wiped out, slsh & bbk). Most likely a 2 day drive for me (743 miles).

If I'm released to drive distances & have enough time to plan I'm on board.

everywoman

I'll be coming from the coast of SC, so I can pick up a few along the way. Just pack light and don't complain about leg room. Not much space in my new car, but we'd look really cool riding!

Abbey

Spork Queen
I don't even know how far it is away from me. I just lump things...it's midwest. Can't be that far!!

Greyhound it...drive, whatever.

Maybe I could put a portal in the corners. (Getting out scratch pad right now.)

Abbey