Bob The Builder's arrive today....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Dad, my 2 brothers, my 2 BILs all arrive this afternoon to build the small deck/half tiered steps on the back of my house so I can get in & out safely. They are building it so a ramp can be added if necessary in the next year or two.

I'm excited to have company ~ former PCA came in to help me clean up the house ~ to see my family with-o the long trip. It's going to be a crazy weekend. The wood & things are being delivered this morning. husband took the day off to go rent those things that hold the wood so you can saw, quick setting cement & other things.

kt will be off to respite & I'm not sure I'll be able to handle this amount of testosterone around my home. Having said that, my brother & one brother in law are expert carpenters & will be doing all the measuring & building of the half tiered steps. The rest of the boys are grunt laborers & will be laying floor boards or some such thing. That's what my brother told me last night. I think I'll sit about with my almost 80 y/o father & play cribbage if the rest of the boys will give the man a break. Dad bakes a mean oatmeal cookie ~ maybe we can do that & plan dinner.

The weather will be unseasonably warm - I just need to buy beer & pizzas. Tomorrow beer, bagels, makings for sub sandwiches & order in Chinese. I can handle that.
Thank god for Bob the Builder. We love those guys.:hammer:

Linda,

I am so happy to hear about Bob the Builder. You are going to LOVE your easier entry into your home. Enjoy your time with your Dad!

Valerie

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Valerie,

We already had a carpenter in town do the front entry & it's amazing how much easier it is to get in & out of the house. The new stairs make me feel so much more secure - my cane fits on it.

The back entryway will hold my walker going in & out of the door. The walker will need to be carried down the stairs (with help) but the stairs are so much wider & the risers half of what I'm used to.....I'll be leaping off those stairs before you know it.

Jena

Linda

I'm so glad to hear that you will have a easier access going and coming. That will make life a little easier for you :)

Beer and pizza sounds good. :)

I hope you have a great day and enjoy the warm weather.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Coool! I LOVE construction projects around the house :D They're fun to plan and fun to watch!

We did a large addition about 8 years ago... our contractor's name really was BOB! :rofl:

Star*

call 911........call 911
OMG as long as you didn't say JOE the PLUMBER.......SO TIRED OF THAT.

GLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE GETTING RAMPED UP......now for a rocket sled! :tongue:

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
That will be so wonderful for you. Hope all goes well. Just keep reminding yourself that the increase in testosterone is only temporary.

beth

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Just no sliding down the banister!!! Especially after a couple of beers!
This will be so good for you, mentally and physically.
What a nice thing for the guy's to do...