Bonus

witzend

I wasn't sure it was going to happen this year, with the economy being what it is, but husband got his bonus. Or he will next payday. So I think we will be buying a new furnace! Woo-hoo! We're living large now!

I did join (for a small fee) Angies list. It's a non-profit (they say) list that you can look up contractors and such and see what others who have used them have had to say about them, and people also grade the companies on reliability, value for cost, timeliness, etc. I chose the top three and am going to give them a call for estimates.

I wish I could say we are going on a cruise, but in reality we need to keep warm for more than a week or two.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Witz, that's awesome. We bought a new furnaace a couple of years ago and I didn't think it matter too much, but I can't tell you what peace of mind it is knowing it's good to go for a long while.

Maybe a cruise next year?

I also got word of my bonus. Our office is the only one getting them as I guess we had the most revenue. I was very surprised at the amount! I'm very happy, because I wasn't expecting anything at all this year. I am putting away for my future kitchen (and a few nice things for under the tree too).

Jena

Woo Hoo on the furnace............ may not be your cruise but hey i'd be excited too!! Very cool. I'm glad he got it and the company did the right thing.

F

flutterbee

Angie's list is great. You should feel pretty confident about anyone you hire from Angie's list.

I'm glad husband got the bonus and you can get a new furnace. You can't really put a price on peace of mind.

witzend

Our furnace is 30 years old, so I'm hoping that not only will a new furnace last long, but that it will also cost less to run. Of course, I am only hoping that we have enough for a furnace. I have a figure set in my head, and I don't know what to expect on the bids. The first guy will be here in 1/2 an hour...

Witz,

I think that you will be pleasantly surprised with the new furnace. We installed one a couple of years ago along with a new a/c system. We really had to bite the bullet, but our energy costs savings have already exceeded the costs of installation. It's all gravy here forward. I wish we had done this long ago...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Lemme guess... the furnace contractor's name is Raoul...

Raoul: "Senhora, não é bastante quente em aqui para você?"

Witz: "Oh, it's PLENTY hot in here now... PLENTY!"