Boom Blox (Wii)

Christy

Looking for family fun or just a way to unwind after difficult child finally goes to bed, this is a great game! It is one of few games my son actually enjoys. It is not violent and can be very addictive. husband, difficult child, and I all play together. If you have Wii, I highly reccommend it.

susiestar

Roll With It
I WANT A WII TOO!!!!!!
husband and I are talking about letting the kids sell cans and do other stuff to earn part of the $$$, and then when he gets his next award or whatever, we will get one.

SHHHHH!!!Don't tell the kids, they will pester us to DEATH if they know!!

Thanks for the game recommendation!

Susie

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
What is the game like? I bought a Wii---actually found one at Costco a month back and am trying to wait until July to give to husband for his birthday. He's not really that much into games, but thought I would look into the Wii Fit and other games.....let me know what it's like.....thanks.

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
we love wii play and wii sports, they're my favorites anyways~!
difficult child's like the super smash brothers and stuff like that. I personally like shooting games, Duck Hunt on the wii play is hysterical. difficult child II wants wii fit, but I get my blood pressure up just bowling or boxing on the thing.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Add me to the list that wants a wii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
This little piggie went to market,
This little piggie stayed home,
This little piggie got roast beef,
This little piggie got none,
And this little piggie cried Wii, Wii, Wii, all the way home...........
(For those of you in my era, this may sound familiar.........)

Abbey

Spork Queen
We have a Wii. I have to say that I was opposed, but it is cheap entertainment. I LOVE bowling and will kick bootie to anyone who challenges me. Also have Tiger Woods golf, but not so good at that. Very techinical.

I'm interested in the game you suggested. I'll have to check it out. I also want to check out the work out one.

Abbey

Christy

Boom blox is simple to play yet the levels become challenging as you move on. It can be played alone, competatively, or cooperatively. There is also a mode that lets you create your own boards. Besides wii sports, it is the only game that doesn't cause my son to become overly frustrated.

The object is to knock out some blocks and avoid others. You point the remote to where you'd like to throw, lock it in, and move the remote in a throwing action. Other games have you "grab" blocks like in the game Jenga. There are blocks that will cause explosions, disappearing blocks, and blocks that if you can get them to touch will provide a reaction, so there is a surprising amount of strategy involved.

Here's a link that may explain the game better than I do.
http://www.ea.com/boomblox/home.jsp

bby31288

We have a WII and love it. Just ordered the Wii Fit. Its on back order. Have a game called game party, it has skii ball, darts, all sorts of fun games. But the best is (drum roll please) Ping Cup, which is essentially Beer Pong!!! It is the coolest game..LOLOL. by the way, I would be really good at beer pong!

easy child 2 has a Wii. wife and I want one really bad now! I became a Wii golf pro on easy child 2's box. I like that it requires being active instead of sitting on the couch.

Is the Blox game the one in the TV commercials where you throw things? I bet it is a blast.

WMM- "Wii, wii, wii, wii all the way home"! LOL!!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Oh, it looks fun!!! I like simple games. I hated the X-Box because the controllers were always so difficult to use.

Abbey