Borderline Personality Disorder

Lynn W

Thank you so much for giving all of us a look in the life of being diagnosed with Borderline (BPD). I am the parent of a difficult child who is Borderline (BPD) and Bipolar. I post here a bit as the crisises are never ending. This is the first glance I have had of someone so candid about Borderline (BPD). Thank you so much. There is a book by Marsha Linehan that addresses effective therapy called dialectical behavioral therapy. Here is the link to her web page. web page Her treatment approach is a broad spectrum but is considered by many to be perhaps the very best approach. Thank you Jesse
Hugs,
Lynn W

Jessee

Thanks for your encouraging posts, believe me I don't always just open up, cause the times I have on other sites, they have just DOOMED me.. it was awful.. but this is a fabulous site and you are all very encouraging and I feel comfortable here.. be back in a bit.. making dinner. Jessee

DammitJanet

Well I failed all those tests...lmao.

I even went and found the other tests on the similar minds site and took some more of the tests and Im just plain screwed up I think. Not only do the tests scream that I come out as high for borderline..but as High for everything else but Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and schzoid. I wonder if that is because I answered for what I have done and not for what I am doing now. Oh well...I know Im screwed up.

I dont think it would be possible to have all the personality disorders at once though...lol. If so, I would be one sick puppy.

shellyinohio

This thread has been really interesting to me... I was diagnosis with Borderline (BPD) two years ago. My therapist disapointed me 9 months into therapy... I'm not seeing anyone now and on no medications. I am thinking about maybe a mood stabilizer though. My 20's were terrible years for me... I had a breakdown two years ago after my sister's sudden death and also had Mono at the same time. It was probably the lowest point of my life. And there have been MANY low points. Both of my parents died when I was a child, I had a very abusive step-mother, also abusive brother who raised me after our parents dies...(I hate to say that as I love my step-mother and brother very much but it's true). I also lost my second child when he was 3 months old when his child care provider propped his bottle and then left the house. I was 19 years old then. I have sever abandonment issues. I, also, found myself being borderline abusive to my precious 19 year old, when he was 2 to 3. I also went to parenting classes and got ahold of myself. I was so hurt, so angry and grieveing my father so very much. So much hurt... finally I realized that my anger was making me lose everyone I loved and who loved me. I started changing, by my own conscious efforts at around 19. I would say now, at 36, that I am pretty stable. I don't yell and scream, I don't hit... I don't cry and I don't cut myself anymore... it's been almost a year since I thought about driving into a tree and ending it all. Life is good. I love my family and I want to be healthy. It's still a struggle everyday of my life. Just wanted to add my two cents and say I understand. Hugs to you for sharing.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Shelly, pretty impressive. Glad you could turn it around and continue to look for ways to improve your life and the life of your family.

Jessee

Wow Shelly, such simular stories.. I'm glad that you are finding stability in your life now too, I am also 36, takes awhile sometimes hehe

Jessee