bought a new Explosive Child Book

buddy

I had lent mine to someone and never got it back. so I bought a new one on Amazon.com for $2.83 including s&h!

Crazy.... just thought i'd share for anyone who does not have one and is limited in terms of budget these days like i am....

InsaneCdn

At that price, you should have ordered two... so that the NEXT time you have the urge to lend one out, you don't lose YOUR copy?

T

TeDo

Buddy, you should have let me know. I have THREE copies of Explosive Child and THREE copies of Lost at School. I would have sent you one for free!!! LOL

Steely

Shoot - I tend to lend out every good book I have ever read. Which causes me to forget which "good" book to recommend to someone -- and to have a whole bookshelf of books I have either not read yet - or didn't like. I should transition to reading them on my ipad like the rest of the world does - but I have not gotten there yet. :)

InsaneCdn

Lent books are a bit like lost umbrellas.
Everybody knows it isn't theirs but can't figure out who it belongs to.

Maybe we should try a book version of the "lost umbrella project"?
If you haven't heard that one...

A fellow in a major metropolis got tired of losing his umbrellas.
So, he started putting his name and phone number on them, but nobody ever called to report a lost umbrella.
Then, he changed his little tag to say:
"Hi. I'm a lost umbrella. If you have found me and want to use me, please send $1 to... <insert name and address> with a note that this is for umbrella number X, and keep me as your own."

He made a small fortune on umbrella rentals.
Sometimes, he got paid for the same umbrella three times in one week.
And once in a while, he'd find an umbrella... and it would be one of his.