Bought an i-phone 4. Anyone have one? Thoughts?

BusynMember

I got it from a reseller's site, since I'm doing reselling myself now on many sites. Bart looked with me and told me it was a great deal and I am allowed to return it. Any thoughts? I am not thrilled with my current phone and nobody knows how to do the settings on it. I am guardedly excited. I am hoping for a good experience.

Jabberwockey

Sorry, cant give you an informed opinion on this. I actively avoid I Phones and most things Apple. Kinda like the difficult child's of the electronics world because they are so me-centric.

BusynMember

Oh, I know people use them as status symbols. But I'm the anti-status symbol. I just wanted a user friendly phone that worked well. If it meant stepping into "snob" territory, that's ok. I have not had good luck with my cell phones.

Jabberwockey

Actually, I was talking about the equipment, not the people. I have a TON of music on my phone that would be useless on an I-Phone because it wasn't purchased through I-Tunes. I would have to purchase all that music again. I don't care about the phone snobs either.

InsaneCdn

Get a case for it. I-phones are notoriously fragile.
With a case? They are common, and seem to survive. People either love them or hate them.

As I don't actually have one, I can't offer any other advice, though.

DoneDad

I have one and love it. Get the Conduct Disorders app! I use it for all kinds of stuff. If you have questions about it post and I'll try to help. You're going to love it!

Jabberwockey

I know several people who swear by them. We have had HTC Evo's for the last 4 years (same phones the whole time) and have been pleased with them. Will be upgrading in June when we drop our son off of the plan and will more than likely get another HTC at that point. Seems to be a well put together phone and they don't have the tendency to make drastic changes in them from month to month.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
I have an iPhone. I was initially reluctant to get one, but my granddaughter kept telling me how much I would love it and I do. I probably don't utilize all the features but the ones I do use are pretty great. And, yes, get the Conduct disorder app! It also takes really good pictures too. I like everything about it, Ive never had any trouble with it at all.

Yes, you should get a case for it. I actually have a water proof case.

DoneDad

I used to have a big case (an Otterbox) but it made it too bulky. Now I take mine to the gym and run with it with no case and no problems so far. Your mileage may vary.

Favorite apps:
Conduct Disorders
myfitnesspal
Run Keeper
Spotify
Numbers (works with spreadsheets from computer)
Instagram
Kindle
Charity Miles
Evernote
ScannerPro
App from my bank and credit card companies
Religious apps
FaceTime
Timer apps (one for cooking one for exercise intervals)

Have fun with it! You made a good choice.

InsaneCdn

DoneDad... you can run with it, no problem. If IT falls, or if YOU fall on it... it's probably DonePhone.

The kids tell me that an iPhone falling on the gym floor, breaks. The people my kids hang out with are country folk, and yes they love their iPhones, but... they have cases. I'm not the most coordinated person on the earth but fairly sedentary, and my non-iPhone has a case. :D

BusynMember

Ok. Now I'm really excited and I won't get it until my vac. is over!!! So what in the world is t he CD app? WHat does it do? And does it really break? If so I'd better lock it in steel. Klutz is thy name.

InsaneCdn

If klutz is your name, get an OtterBox. Bulky, but really good protection.

The CD app is the best way to access this site from a cell phone. :)

BusynMember

Than you, InsaneC. I'll order one now before I get home. I can just see me getting all excited and then dropping it on the floor. THat's me...klutz and klutzier.

Scent of Cedar *

What is it that makes it an I Phone? Is that the same thing as a Smart phone?

I think we have a Smart phone. While it doesn't do much when we are using it, our grands can make that baby dance and sing and do all kinds of things. (I did learn recently that the cell phone has an alarm clock, and how to set it ~ which explains why they don't seem to be selling alarm clocks like they used to, anymore.) I see that it has GPS and such, too.

Who knew.

D H and I have recently learned how to answer it without taking our own pictures, which was a problem at first. (The flash. Very bright.)

:O)

I am not so sure I want to be all technologically connected. It seems sad to me to see people using their phones instead of being where they are, or checking their phones when they ding. We only have one cell, and we don't carry it with us when we leave the house.

I have even been turning the radio off in the car, lately.

Just to hear nothing.

Cedar

SuZir

SoC: It is indeed good to have proof that you actually did answer the phone. Never know when that can come handy :rofl:

But consider this: My in-laws dogs have their own phones. And not the cheap ones, they cost almost thousand bucks a piece. You can call them and listen what they have to say and they do send text messages and surf the web in return.

(Yeah, yeah, they are hunting dogs that work long distance, the phones are built to their collars and you can track them on the map every second through GPS and it also shows if they are barking or being quiet. Very handy.)

Confused

Im still loving the old flip phones!( not many around and not crazy about the sliders) So, I guess Im not much help to say whats a good phone. I just like Nokia and Samsung. Apple I dont know much about, but heard its good. Daughter is debating on what one she wants in the future. I have a bad habit of "butt" or "purse dialing" if its not a flip phone! Good luck!!!