Boy did I wrestle with the green-eyed monster yesterday

Mom2oddson

difficult child-Ant needed to get his car from his friends apartment parking lot before it was towed. The car is broke so it needed a tow. Well, brother in law-D and sister in law-M have AAA.

They were very nice to meet Ant and help him tow his car to my folks where it will be repaired.

Should of been a "no big deal" thing for me. .....except it wasn't.

See, sister in law-M thinks she is the mother of all mothers. And when difficult child-Step was having her issues, the weeks leading up to her running away... Step and M were having all sorts of conversations about how step could come and live with M since it is impossible to live with me.

So, all I could think about while M was helping Ant was that I just got my boy back. I didn't need her putting her nose where it didn't belong. That he's MY son, not hers.

It all worked out and I knew it would. The car got dropped off at my folks and Ant stayed with them until husband could pick him up.

So why was I so jealous?

Mattsmom277

I think given your history with sister in law, what you felt was normal. Over time it might fade but right now it seems quite natural for you to feel that way.

busywend

Whatever the reason - it takes a Village - so get over it.

Who cares if she thinks she is #1 Mom - if she adds to your child's life - good for her. It does not make you any less of a mom.

So cheer up and think of it as a good thing!

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
I just want to validate your feelings. It is excrutiating to have others judge your parenting abilities. My difficult child 2 left home at 16, there were always others who were waiting to show him that they knew what was best for him. I've been told to "get over it", it doesn't work that way for me.

Mom2oddson

Busy, I would have no problem with anyone who helps my kids. The trouble is, she doesn't. M works in an inpatient rehab place (as HR, but still...) she choose to believe everything that Step said without even questioning it. Even when told that Step had just failed another UA. Step said that didn't happen and M believed her. M would do things like tell my difficult children that I had no right to tell them to do chores. Good Mom's do their own work.

And for the most part, I've tried hard to "get over" all of it. But Ant is working hard to get into a treatment facility. I didn't need M throwing her monkey-wrench into this. He's on the right path right now and I don't need a master enabler getting involved.

I understand what you are saying though. It really isn't a big deal. And I shouldn't let it bother me. I've just got really thin skin where husband's family is concerned. Guess I should go dust off my Rhino skin.