Bra Shopping

muttmeister

If I had the money, I'd get a reduction in a heartbeat.

Do you have insurance? Most insurance companies will pay for a reduction if your doctor shows there is a "need" and most doctors will do that if you really would benefit from one. If you're really interested it might be worth checking out. I had one and it was a piece of cake and my insurance company did pay for it.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Okay - I get SIDS - I have it. Shopping in crowds is nearly unbearable - so I take along foam earplugs.....MUCH better. I also take along my germicidal hand sanitizer and use it often - many people have touched the same clothes I touched, elevator button - and dont' even get me started about HOW blinkin nasty an escalator rubber hand rail is - I do not touch. Bathrooms in public are a 1 hour at least conversation if sparked.

As far as bras? I wore a 44 E. And the E could have been for Excellent, or Elephant. I usually end up getting a 44DDD or a 44DD. Since I've been working this new job - I can SMASH all my girlgoodies into a 42 daughter. I look like Dolly - and pity the fool that is standing in front of me when the snap goes. I'd like to jog but I'd give myself 2 black eyes -

This was a gift from my pregnancy with Dude. I used to go braless....wear bandaids....and now? Well if I could figure out something to do with them other than having them SIT on my Buda Belly? I'd be happy.

And as far as a MAN sitting in front of the changing room? You could stand there next to him WITH clothes in my hand and say "How long is your wife/girlfriend going to be? I'll change when you're gone. That's polite for bugger off.

As for me? I would have said "I'll GIVE YA A SHOW BABY".....SOMEONE QUICK GRAB THE HEFTY GIRL A C string -

Hey - I'm not allowed in the all male hunt club - so I dont' think MEN should be allowed in a dressing room that says WOMEN - No class.

GET EARPLUGS - you'll be able to handle crowds a lot better than you ever have - promise.

trinityroyal

Heather,

I'm another one in the camp of "can't go without, without giving myself a black eye". For the most part I prefer heavy-duty industrial strength. (Think Jane Russel Cross-Your-Heart, from the '70s). Many times I will wear 2 bras at the same time, just to make sure everything is properly locked and loaded. Like GoingNorth, I used to use Tensor bandages to strap things down when I needed extra control.

However, I hate the digging and poking and pinching.

Trinity

Lothlorien

I do have insurance and I do have mid back pain....have had for years and years. I work for an ortho...maybe I can get him to write up the letter. I went to a chiropractor for years and now I go to a physical therapist once a week. I'll call the ins. and see what they require....shame that I can't get it done before the end of the year, since the hospitalization part is almost paid up for the year. It's probably too late for me to do it this year.

I'm going to chime in here. I've had a double mastectomy, and I always wear bras even to bed. My boobs are fake, and the bras are very expensive (so are the boobs), but I'm uncomfortable with "nothing" there. I also like the feeling of having something solid against my skin, loose clothing irritates my scars. I don't want anyone to see me "flat chested"- so I always wear them. on the other hand, I would love to have a choice, to go to Victorias Secret, to try on bras.

Ladies, buy the best bras you can find. For the amount of time spent in them, you should have the absolute best!!-Alyssa

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I have to buy mine online since the stores don't seem to think there are any women out there larger than a DDD cup! The best place I found that gave me the best advice on measuring and finding a good fit was Figleaves.com. They're not cheap, but the bras I've bought, based on their advice, fit me very well and last a long time. And since I have to wear the dang thing every day, or tuck myself into my pants pockets, I figure it's worth the extra dough. I watch for sales and online specials, too.

by the way, I HATE HATE HATE trying on bras in the department stores. By the time I cinch the straps up to where I need them and get myself hooked up in back, I've worked up a sweat and have a cramp somewhere in my shoulder and am about ready to pass out.

I know my insurance would cover a breast reduction, but I feel like I have to give old-fashioned weight loss a try first. The last time I went on a serious diet and exercise regimine, I lost a full cup size, so I know it would help -- I just have to DO IT!