Bras at a yard sale?

Marguerite

Step, I don't know if you can get them in the US, but here in Target I have been able to buy maternity singlet tops, with a SOFT bra cup hidden inside. Because they're maternity, they are a bigger cup size than the usual miniscule fried egg variety usually reserved for singlet tops. My cup size is a bit weird now that I've had surgery on one side, but I can tuck my partial prosthesis inside my top if I need to, or not. The support in these tops is marvellous (unlike all those singlet tops with the hidden band of elastic inside, I end up looking saggy in those). Radiation left me with a right boob, already smaller, now like a shrinky-dink, but these cups are really comfortable, no underwires, but plenty of good shaping. I can wear these singlet tops on their own, or as a bra underneath other clothing. They also have a clip on each one so you can quickly unclip a boob to feed the bub. I don't need it, of course. There is also a clip in the back which you can use to clip the straps together to make a racing back top.

I bought one to wear after my surgery, and kept wearing it (or the older, band of elastic types) all through my radiation treatment.

I recently went back and bought several more. They come in black and white only. But if I want a formal look in hot weather, I wear just the singlet top under a tailored coat. Very sexy! And amazingly comfortable!

I'm not breastfeeding and never will again, but I wear these things. easy child has bought herself some (on my recommendation) and I am sure she will find them a godsend.

In Target they are in the lingerie section, near the maternity wear and support undergarments.

I hope you can get them too!

Marg

Star*

call 911........call 911
Hey you may have grapes of wrath......but if David had borrowed my sling? He could have rendered Goliath and a few other giants out cold.

TerryJ2

Ohhh, killing the lover with-her own bra! I hadn't even thought of that!!! ROFL!!! This is getting better!

TerryJ2

Not to hijack the thread, but Marg, the radiation shrinkage effect is supposed to be temporary. Like, a cpl of yrs. I'm back to the size I was b4, fwiw.