Bridal Show

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Somehow I got roped into going with my girls..........all of them.

This goes against every Tom Boy gene in my body. I don't do girlie that well. Let alone over the top girlie.:imok:

Not even for my own wedding, which was kept very simple and low key. I had a dress, flowers, husband wore his dress blues, and I worried over the cake. That's about it. lol And that stretched my patience to it's limits.

easy child didn't get to go to something like this for her wedding as it was sort of spur of the moment and she was 9 months gone with Darrin. Katie.......well she obviously didn't get to do it and not too hard to figure out why. I'm not even sure they're legally married.......and according to the girl's journal if they are it took place just last august.

I want so bad to just stay home and clean. But I won't. I'll go and have a good time with my girls despite being drowned in girlie stuff. As much for Nichole.......who is sooo looking forward to this as for easy child who will never have a daughter of her own to do it with.

Supposed to be lots of free stuff handed out and prizes to win. Supposed to be lots of fun. I'm just thinking crowded to the brim.......lol

Sort of sad Nichole's bff doesn't get to go. She's terribly sick again. SHE was really looking forward to it. And she's Nichole's maid of honor.

The things we Moms do. I'd never in a million years pictured myself at a bridal show. :rofl:

donna723

Lisa, go and try to enjoy yourself! Or just go and enjoy watching your girls enjoying themselves! My daughter got married almost seven years ago and I will always regret that I didn't get to share all of that with her. She was in Charleston, 600 miles away, and my son and I were in Tennessee. Her future mother in law and her husbands aunt helped her pick her gown, choose flowers, music, decorations, etc. Basically all my son and I did was to dress nicely and show up! She's my only daughter and hopefully this will be her only marriage and there will always be a trace of sadness there that I didn't get to share in the excitement of her wedding preparations with her.

KTMom91

I did the bridal show thing when Husband 1.0 and I got married. I remember it as fun, but a bit overwhelming since we didn't have an unlimited budget. Enjoy yourself!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
We had a blast!! I'm still left wondering if Nichole spiked the sub sandwiches she served for lunch. We were that slap happy. lol

The bridal show wasn't too bad actually. I think especially since there was no need to sit through the fashion show of bridal gowns because Nichole is wearing mine. Lots of vendors for everything from photography to caterers. I think I went into the wrong profession.......photographers omg they're outrageously expensive!! Although I think this helped her to decide where she wanted to look for the brides maid dresses and the tux's for the guys........and because she did it this way she got huge discounts too.

We did a teeny bit of shopping after because we weren't quite ready to call it quits on our day out yet.

OMG we were joking and laughing and kidding around.......I'm sure some folks were wondering if we'd had a tad too much to drink. But we were sober, if just a tad sleep deprived. lol And wonders of wonders..........Katie was laughing and joking right along with us, just one of the gals. Miracle. I haven't seen her that animated and having that much of a good time since she was about 13, the last time she visited us as a child. I know she had a good time.

Fabulous day with just me and my girls hangin' out together. :bigsmile:

busywend

So glad you enjoyed it! I did mine last year and we had a blast, too. There were cakes to taste and lots of free stuff. I won cuff links for the guys. It is worth the experience!