Bridge to Terabithia?

Lothlorien

Oh Lordy! I finished work and popped popcorn and sat down to watch this with the kids. Though this is a PG movie, this is not a movie to watch with kids. I should have looked at the comments somewhere or something. I wished I had been warned. I was balling my eyes out. It was almost as bad as watching Terms of Endearment, for crying out loud!

I hate sad movies. I hate watching a movie that makes me ball. I dont' mind some sad scenes, but Geez Louise! I'm gonna end up with a sinus infections from all that!

mum2JK&TH

Your not alone. The kids laughed at me when they realized I was crying. I was not expecting that at all. But what a great movie.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I saw that one in the theaters with my kids -- we were all wiping our eyes at the end -- I thought it was good and it was something we talked about when it was over. easy child/difficult child 3 had already read the book and knew the ending (and came running to tell us the minute she finished the book, no less), so we all had an idea of what would happen, but it was still emotional for us sitting there in the dark in front of that giant screen.

Tiapet

Old Hand
Yes, excellent movie and a tear jerker for sure! I think it was wonderfully done. We just watched August Rush tonight and loved that one as well. Movies seem to be one of the few things that actually calms and keeps the 2 little ones still for any period of time without fighting/arguments (something we can do as a family).

Star*

call 911........call 911
It reminded me of a cartoonish version of Stand By Me - with McCaulley Calkin.

NOT a medieval enchanted movie it was portrayed. I'm almost afraid to see the spiderwick Chronicals after that!

(passes Loth a tissue)

Abbey

Spork Queen
That is a required reading by many schools, usually around 6th grade. It made for great conversation. Never saw the movie, though.

Abbey

Steely

You know, I find it interesting that this is required reading. I remember distinctly when difficult child had to read it for class. They read it out loud - and the day they finished the last chapter difficult child had a huge meltdown at school. All he could tell me later was that the book was just so, so sad. I, personally, find it annoying that we require 6th graders to read something that is so disturbingly sad. But perhaps that is just me. I remember in the third grade reading The Taste of Blueberries and being sad and fearful for days. It really is all based on the kiddos maturity and emotional level - and schools should take this into consideration.