Bridzillas!!

Abbey

Spork Queen
I'm supposed to be doing a wedding reception in TWO hours. They've never sent back a contract...never made a deposit, never replied to emails or phone calls, etc. So, I call the catering coordinator to make sure it is in deed happening. Sometimes the wedding gets called off and they never let anyone know. Yes, it is still scheduled.

I don't even know the bride and groom's names. Sister arranged my services as a surprise to the bride, but didn't give any specific info. Not a problem, I can pull this off. But...

I just get a call from sister and she has ALL kinds of requests that I don't have, and I bring 25,000+ songs. Hello? It's TWO hours away. So, I've spent the last hour frantically downloading the most obscure country songs.

My gosh. Some people are so inept. I think I'll charge her another $100 for stress.

Abbey

klmno

I hope you are cautious with this one- have they paid you anything yet? They don't sound very dependable to me..

by the way- I love your WD quote!

donna723

Well, good luck!

Are you sure it's even still on? Or that they intend to pay you after you drive all that way? If they've never signed a contract, haven't even paid you a deposit yet, and haven't responded to your attempts to contact them, I think I'd stay home and watch a movie!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
If they've never signed a contract, haven't even paid you a deposit yet, and haven't responded to your attempts to contact them, I think I'd stay home and watch a movie!

I agree.

Or I'd make them pay CASH when I walked in the door.

Good luck, Abbey.

Suz

Sara PA

Apparently the sister who hired her is still expecting her because she called with all those requests for odd songs.

But yeah, I think cash up front is a good idea.

Tiapet

Old Hand
I would not only expect it, I would demand cash! I'd also have the contract IN hand and make her sign before you start. I know you are short on time but I'd also see if I can print copies of the emails you sent to her that she never responded to and present them and tell her this is why it now needs to be C.O.D.!

If a check, will it even clear the bank? :(

Good Luck Abbey, more power to you!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Just got back...yes, was paid in cash. The sis was a bit too much, though. Bride and hubby were great.

Why don't people just sit back and relax and enjoy? Let me do my job.

Then I go to drive home and it is POURING rain. Unusual in this area. People here don't know how to drive in a sprinkle.

Now, toss in that I am driving a new car and have absolutely no idea how to turn on the wipers, let alone the fog thingy. When you need a red light, it is NEVER there. Green lights all the way home for 30 minutes. I'm trying to find anything to wipe my front windshield...nope. Nothing to be found. All these people think I'm waving at them as my desperately wiping the windshield doing 20mph.

So, I'm soaked to the skin and ready to go to bed.

Another day.

Abbey

Lothlorien

You are a good person, because without the contract and deposit and ignoring of the multiple emails/calls, I would not have gone.