Brief update...

lovemysons

Hi all,

I've really missed you guys!

Oh goodness! Well, we found a place to live!!! We are moving in today as we closed on our house yesterday.
It is a high end luxery apartment about 20 mins from our current home...even has a see through fireplace from living room to study. It's very nice.

Needless to say I have been overwhelmed with packing boxes, making lists, phone calls...having to disconnect and setup new services. Busy, Busy, Busy!!!

Young difficult child has still been working very hard and his behavior has been good. Still making his meeting, seeing parole officer, complying with parole curfew, etc...Being SOBER...YAY!!!
I will need to call his parole officer today and be sure she is well aware of our move...could be a problem as I didn't setup a new lan line phone service in apartment for young difficult child's ankle monitor equipment...OOPS!

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know we are alive and well...but overwhelmed with the move.
I am headed to the apartment this AM for TV and Internet installers to arrive and set things up.
May be online at the apartment in a few hours...or, may end up too involved with the move today to get back online.

I will catch up again as soon as I can!
hugs,
LMS

Ephchap

Fingers crossed for a smooth move, LMS. Maybe a move will be a fresh start for all of you, and young difficult child. Good luck and try not to do too much all in one day. Boxes aren't going to go anywhere. Unpack a little at a time.

Hugs,
Deb

rejectedmom

I am so happy for you! Enjoy your new home. Hopefully it wil be the beginning of a much less stressful life. I also hope you can straighten things out withGFG's PO. It was an oversight not deliberate and I hope he is a reasonable kind of guy. -RM

cubsgirl

I hope you enjoy your new home - sounds beautiful. Sending best wishes for a quick and painless move. I hope difficult child's PO understands, I'm sure it's not the first time he/she has had this happen - people move all the time.

DDD

Thanks for checking in. Phew/Whew! I'm glad you are getting settled and hope the new Chapter is going to be awesome in your Life. DDD

buddy

buddy:575783 said:
that's wonderful! hope the monitor situation can be fixed. ask the value installer.????1

Umm that was supposed to say cable installer .....stupid spell prediction! That train's long gone now anyway....

Did it get worked out?

lovemysons

Thank you ALL for the well wishes on this new journey.

There are of course boxes still to be unpacked/things to be sorted through.
We have rented a storage room here at the Apt complex so that we are not "living with so much junk" we don't need staring us in the face and just plain old clutter that takes up space. It is amazing how much we collected over the past 20 or so yrs of raising a family...and of course I am very sentimental and have tons and tons of pics, toys, school related "special stuff" etc that I just can't get rid of.

Young difficult child worked Saturday so was not around to help us with last haul from the house to Apt or the cleanup of the house to handover to the Buyers . However, our easy child came to the rescue...course she also got some nice things to take back to college town in a Uhaul. But she was just a tremendous help!

We are trying to get settled in...Hung the first item up on the wall yesterday...a flowery half wreath above our bed. Hope to get more done today.

Oh ya we did find out that the dryer connection doesn't work in the outlet provided...so I need to call front desk of Apts and see what we can do about that. And...the Jacuzzi tub in our Master bathroom is not working at the moment either. And...the hot water is not hot enough, lol, for our liking.
But...I have to be careful about how involved I want the Apt facility people to be in our lives as they do NOT KNOW that young difficult child is currently living with us. I don't think we would have been accepted ANYWHERE had young difficult child been on the applications with us as he is a recently released from prison Felon.

Young difficult child went to Anger management class last night...guess it went well...He sometimes teases when he comes home about how well he can mange his anger now, lol. He still gets a bit peaved though that all of his AA meetings and Anger Management classes, etc seem to want to point him in the direction of Jesus. He really resents their interference into his "beliefs".

But we are all taking things one day at a time...and so far so good I think!
LMS

buddy

Well I assume the monitor situation got all worked out then! They usually turn the hot water temp dial on the tank down when unrented so check that first. There's probably a reset switch on the tub, check the access panel.

Glad, difficult child is doing well and tell him to substitute any word he's comfortable with when he hears a Christian word. Consider it an opportunity to control his thoughts and reactions, esp since in real life with his bro that really is a challenge, right? He can be in control of the "pressure" to conform that way. Use it for his own purposes. ( well, it's a thought anyway)

Glad you're settled.