Britian's Got Talent

SRL

You're gonna love this! If the link doesn't work go to youtube and type in Susan Boyle.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnmbJzH93NU"]YouTube - Full Version. Win Susan Win. Susan Boyle - Britains Got Talent.[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnmbJzH93NU"]YouTube - Full Version. Win Susan Win. Susan Boyle - Britains Got Talent.[/ame]

Last edited:

Lothlorien

Well, pass me those tissues, Suz. She was honestly shocked that the judges liked her so much. She seemed like she was waiting for them to rank on her.

Thanks for posting that. I woke up in a fowl mood and now I feel better.

SRL

Wasn't she wonderful? The youtube video has had 3.5 million hits in 3 days!

I haven't seen Simon smile so much in all of the Idol episodes collectively this year. Mostly he just looks bored to me.

svengandhi

I made my husband and my daughter listen to this. I caught H googling Susan Boyle and reading people's comments on her.

I thought she was amazing. It reminded me that I wish I could sing. I'd love to hear her do some other show tunes.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'm late to this -- O.M.G.!!! I sat there listening as tears rolled down my face. What a beautiful voice, what a lovely lady. She is inspiring and I hope she is able to fulfill her mother's wish. She certainly deserves to!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Makes me cry everytime I watch it..............and I can't stop watching it.

She is amazing. And I know I'm rooting for her dream to come true!!

Marguerite

It's been all over Aussie TV for days, as well. Today's news was starting to get creepily second-hand - the news coverage was all about the news coverage, rather than just the woman herself.

I do think (the cynic in me) that a big factor in the "WOW!" effect was her choice of song. The song was about having a dream, she herself represents that dream and the whole thing seems like a magic fairytale. But if she had sung the national anthem, for example, she still would have got a "Wow, what a wonderful voice!" reaction, but the teary response to her might be a bit subdued.

What I saw getting the response - not just the voice, but the juxtaposition of that voice, with those looks (or lack of) coupled with the choice of song being a heartfelt plea to never give up on your dream.

I don't know if she chose tat song form the heart because of the words, or because she liked the sound of it, or because she knew it would 'sell' or because she just knew it would suit her voice - but whatever the reason, I suspect that underneath it all, she has a good instinct for what works best for her. If thsat is the case, then that is one more 'star' factor she can use to her benefit.

I really hope she takes this further and becomes the entertainer I'm sure her mother knew she could be.

Marg

PS And I especially liked the way the bad-tempered smirk of derision was rapidly wiped from the face of Simon Cowell - when he heard she was unemployed and 47 (or however old) you could see him thinking, "OK, another loser!" until that first note - and then his eyebrows crept into his hairline. Then he began to smile. THAT was lovely!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
PS And I especially liked the way the bad-tempered smirk of derision was rapidly wiped from the face of Simon Cowell - when he heard she was unemployed and 47 (or however old) you could see him thinking, "OK, another loser!" until that first note - and then his eyebrows crept into his hairline. Then he began to smile. THAT was lovely!

I LOVED that moment!!!

lizanne2

And then she just walked off the stage pleased. As if she just knew she could and that was enough. That on some level it was just for her. Not to win a contest but to sing well for thousands of people. See world, this is what I have to offer.

And then on a personal, in my case, average appearance is ONLY average appearance and not a predictor of skill.

I will watch this again I am sure.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Alright you guys...I have to go apply for more no jobs and I'm crying and I actually put makeup on. Now I have to redo.

She's amazing. I just watched the segment on MSNBC. I hope the best for her...she definetely does have talent. And what a perfect song. They claim 11 million hits on youtube by now.

GO, GIRL!!!

Abbey

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Yes, it's the fact that she rubbed everyone's nose in their own cynicism and prejudice with her humble and amazing talent -- that's what was so touching for me. Sort of the "ugly duckling" moment -- the "Aha! I TOLD YOU SO!" What a sense of satisfaction that must have been for her -- like lizanne said here -- she just walked off, knowing that she'd already accomplished what she came to do and not really thinking of what the judges had to say.

Very inspiring.

klmno

I am so happy for this woman. she has such a beautiful voice- I can't believe that she hasn't been discovered before now. And to think she has never been kissed- it really stretches the definition of late-bloomer, huh? I really hope that she has a wonderful career and has a very good man come into her life, who treats her well and sticks with her. Talk about never giving up- I find her very inspirational.

TerryJ2

Whew. I am so glad I found this post. I just watched the film and listened to her and was all set to start a new thread! I just had to talk to someone about it.
Phenomenal.
I know some handlers will get a hold of her, pluck her eyebrows and fix her hair, but I hope they don't take it too far. I don't want them to take the country girl out of her. It would be like doing a nosejob on Barbra Streisand or making Twiggy fat. Some people are who they are.

And then she just walked off the stage pleased. As if she just knew she could and that was enough.

Yes. Absolutely. THAT is her presence. Her essence. I wish we could all be like that. Sigh.

DDD

I saw the beginning and hollered (yes, hollered) for husband to come. He got there about halfway through and like me began to smile ear to ear, as tears welled in his eyes. It was an awesome moment.

Did I read that you stayed home to care for her Mom and siblings and that is why she is such a late bloomer. DDD

klmno

I watched her on a news show last night- the judge named Pierce asked her to go out to dinner with him when she came to London- she accepted! He said he did not think she should change- that it was the simpleness about her that helped make her special and that she was her own woman. Ok, I can see maybe getting a little help at the salon, but not a complete make-over. She needs a good man, not one just looking for a trophy- she's got to be too deep for that! Apparently she's got plenty of offers for "suitors" and music deals already. She said she had some music lessons for 2 years. I could take music lessons for 30 years and I'd never sound like that- she is very blessed with a gift.

Oh- I'm not suggesting that she can't be a "complete" woman without a man- I just think she should have a few special kisses in her life!