Bubba's home

witzend

He's home and feeling much better. They left the catheter in just in case they need to give him more medications and/or fluids. He ate about a half cup of rice and a few tablespoons full of Gerber chicken and rice baby food. He drank water like it was going out of style and went pee. Hopefully the rice will stay where it should. They also gave him an RX of flagyl.

He's sleeping at my feet. They said that he wouldn't go potty while he was there, and he didn't poo when he got home, so here's to hoping that he will be ok. Thanks for your good thoughts for my favorite dog. (Don't tell the others that!)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Glad he is back home and doing better.

Got a chuckle out of the not pooing for them. Betsy refuses to poo anywhere except her own yard. She'll whine, she'll do a dance, she'll paw at you, but she simply will NOT go outside of her yard. lol (handy for walks)

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Gryphon will not dump on pavement and certainly not where he eats and sleeps. Makes for fun at the boarding kennels as he has to be taken out and walked to relieve himself as opposed to just being turned out in the outside runs.

The only times he's soiled in the house was when he was so sick with the GI upsets from a bad diet. All that stopped once I got him on the raw diet.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Bubba's challenges remind me of my sweetheart Brandy's acute pancreatitus attacks (have they ever tested Bubba for that?). I feel your pain...and remember the clean up and the relief when their systems start to regulate again. Poor honeys- you and Bubba!

Suz

Star*

call 911........call 911
BUBBA.........(MY PRECIOUS SPOTTED HOUND)

YOU'RE MY FAVORITE TOO!......I don't care WHO YOU TELL.

LOVE YOU VERY MUCH - GET WELL SOON Son,
AUNTIE STAR

M

ML

Adding my best wishes for a speedy recovery. With all this TLC, Bubba will be back to himself in no time. Hugs, ML

witzend

Thanks all. He is feeling better. He's so much older, though. He just sleeps most of the time anymore. I know that he can't hear much at all anymore. He makes a brave effort at sitting upright when we are all at the dinner table, but he's also falling asleep at the same time.

I got his soft bristle brush out and gave him a good rub-down this evening. He's snoozing here next to me now. I'm doing my best to spend a little time with him each day. He demands less and less than the other two, and it's easy to ignore him because he's quiet. But I know I'll be missing his big smile one day not long from now. Time to take advantage of the good stuff. He's the only dog I ever met who hugs back.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
*sniff*

Witz, that got me all weepy.

Rowdy and Molly are getting on in years for big dogs. Rowdy I'm getting worried about cuz he's always spanked Betsy whenever she needed it. (she's his daughter) But the other day, Betsy got the upper hand and Rowdy submitted. I've never ever seen Rowdy do that before. I guess his age is catching up to him. Travis took him on a walk. Rowdy LOVES walks and has always been a puller. Travis said he walked slow from the get go and really didn't last very long. Rowdy is 11 yrs old.

Molly sleeps almost constantly. Except for the bursts of energy she has to play with her ball in the yard. (maybe all of 5 mins these days) And lately her appetite is ravenous. I'm not sure what's up with that cuz we've not decreased her intake at all.

I want to spend time with them, knowing they aren't going to be around too much longer. But I just don't have the spare time. I've spent the past 2 wks just trying to see if maybe I could walk them a bit each day......but this quarter's schedule is just too crazy.:(

Love up on him all you can. Glad he's doing better.

Hugs