Bunker in all you in the mid atlantic!

Hi everyone! Janet I wanted to let you know that my parents left for Florida yesterday and stayed near you last night...lol The same place we stayed when I came with them the last time. I told them they should have let me know and I would have contacted you so you could have gone to say Hi.

They left there this morning and were in South Carolina when I talked to them a while ago. I am staying at their house for the next 3 weeks and then back to work on March 1st.

Well it looks like they picked the perfect time to leave. They have issued blizzard warnings for where I am so it looks like after I pick my daughter up from school we are in lock down...lol

Good luck everyone and stay safe!

Hugs
Dee

busywend

I am with Mattsmom on this one! Thank goodness it is not us this time! Well, this year really. Very mild winter so far! WAHOO!!!!!

Mom2oddson

My Dad has been in Difficult Child for work this week. Saturday he was supposed to go to Northern Maryland to see his sister and then come home early Sunday morning. Looks like he'll be stuck in his hotel room doing work instead.

I'm hoping that things clean up fast enough so he can come home on Sunday. But, I don't think so. First thing on the Seattle news this morning was that they weren't letting any flights leave that were heading to Difficult Child, MD or PA until Monday.

flutterby

Fly away!
I'm not mid-Atlantic, but we're supposed to get 10-12 inches. It's coming down hard and it's very heavy, very wet snow. We've got about 2 inches and already the pine tree branches are touching the ground.

I'm really hoping we don't lose power.

smallworld

There's no such thing as "cleaning up fast" in the Difficult Child metro area. I've lived here more than 25 years, and I've never seen it happen once.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Okay, it just started snowing here, fine little flakes, but lots of them...... still not expecting what is predicted for Difficult Child area........ let it snow, let it snow, let it snow....

LittleDudesMom

It started snowing here at 8:30 - about two hours of really light wet snow - then it started coming down heavily until about 30 min ago when it changed to a combo of sleet and snow!

DammitJanet

Jamie is fit to be tied...lol. He used to love snow. Now he has to work in the stuff. They have opened two emergency animal shelters and if it gets any worse he may have to man them all weekend by himself...lol. I told him to take lots of doggy toys and kitty toys and treats. He was mumbling about double time for hazardous duty..lmao.

I told him at least he didnt have to take Billie along into the shelter with him!!!

smallworld

It's starting to stick here. A snow plow followed by a sand truck made its first run down my street. I'm sure this is just the beginning.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
I'm sorry, it really is all my fault! They haven't had enough snow in Maine this year. Ski resorts are having to make it. It followed me here. I think I have PTSD from all those years of being snowed in. I hate the stuff. This evening we lost power for 3 1/2 hrs. I had to finish cooking while easy child was holding a lantern. I have a huge freezer filled with meat and veggies (purchased on sale and with a coupon of course...) so I hope this doesn't happen again. We lived through the great ice storm of 1998 and some people were without electricity for 21 days.

maril

I'm safely home now but was out driving in the storm earlier. All the smart people had already gone to Walmart to stock up, so I was searching through the leftovers, lol; employees were busy restocking.

It really is beautiful outside and continues to snow steadily. Last news I heard - a nearby township has 10 inches. It sounds like areas south will be getting it worse (Difficult Child, etc.).

difficult child wants spending money, so am going to remind him to get up early and see if he can get some jobs clearing driveways and walkways.

:snowing:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
There is over TWO FEET of snow in my yard and it's still coming down! My next door neighbor has been snowblowing for 1.5 hours. Thank goodness he is here.

I have to shovel to get out back and make a patch for the dogs. I shoveled for 5 minutes and my heart was racing so I had to stop.

OMG

and they are expecting 2-8 more inches today before it's over.

OMG

Suz

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
It's awful. I'm going out every half hour to shovel what's accumulated and to make the "patch" a little bigger. I'm an old lady- I'm doing just a little at a time. With it still coming down at 1-2" per hour there's no telling what it will end up being.

Rufus- Mr. Macho- tried to jump into it to get farther back in the yard and it's over his head- and he's my BIG dog of the two. It scared him so much he jumped right back up and into the house. Miss Chloe just tiptoes out, does her business then hustles back in the house.

What's it doing there, Sharon?

LittleDudesMom

We are in what they are coining as "Phase 3" - we had really heavy rain last night and right (on top of the snow and sleet) before sunrise the temps started to plumet so it's snowing now. But nothing like the snows you are getting!

Spot was kinda funny - he was so excited as took him to the door, then I opened it and you could kinda read his face "Holy Cow, not more snow!" He was not happy and had to be bribed with a treat!

Nancy

Looks like we have about a foot. It started last evening around 4 and got heavier as the night went on. difficult child had to do inventory at work 9pm-2am. husband had to pick her up and he said a police car followed him all the way into the next community, I guess thinking he was a drunk driver after the bars closed. He said you couldn't see the lanes so he was sure he was going to be stopped. I think I would have pulled over and waited for the cop to get out and told him I was picking up my daughter so he could stop following me.

Nancy