Bunker in all you in the mid atlantic!

Lothlorien

We have about a foot and a half. Weather person said another 6 hours of the stuff! Ugh. At least our town has been proactive this time around. Last time, people were snowed in for days with no plow at all for four days. There were people calling the radio stations asking for the National Guard!!! This time, they've been out plowing, though none down our street yet. Last time, the only reason we got out was because someone on our street pays a landscaper to do their driveway, so in order for him to get to their house, he had plowed one lane down our street. So far, that hasn't happened. It was four days before a township plow came down. So far, people on Facebook have said the plows have already come, but they did the streets that had it the worst last time.

I'm not going anywhere. husband has to go plow the family-owned property 20 miles away. It's going to be a while before he gets there, though.

tiredmommy

My cousin's family lives in the Wilmington, DE area. She is an RN at a local hospital and went in last night... she *may* be able to come home tonight at the end of the 3 - 11 shift due to the 20" on the ground. Her husband said they were providing beds to the stuck workers.

So her husband is home with two 4 year old that have fevers, and a ten year old that had a sleep over with a friend that is still there. And the 16 year old is stuck at a friend's house.

Steely

I just barely made it out of Philly last night. (I was up there for a work meeting). I was supposed to leave today, but they had canceled all the flights by yesterday morning. I caught the last flight out of Philly before the storm hit. They were closing the airport as I took off. Thank God I was able to manage a flight to Denver!

My poor work colleagues are trapped in a Philly hotel room all weekend unable to leave. Bleck. :sick: I guess they had 19"??? That is unheard of!

Stay warm and safe all of my mid-atlantic friends!!! I am glad to be back in AZ, even if it is raining, yet again.

TerryJ2

It's gorgeous here. I got some great photos.

Very mushy, though. It will melt in a day or two. It rained last night, with lots of wind. Icky. Washed away most of the snow.

I can never tell what it's going to do from day to day.
But, it is winter, so snow is part of it.

Smallworld, I'm glad I don't live in the Difficult Child area! Sounds awful!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Ick. We need snow up here, but I sure don't want 30" of the stuff all at once. It'd be nice if that fell in a couple of storms though.

The problem up here with snow is that once it falls; it doesn't melt off until Spring. Sometimes LATE Spring.

It's not unusual to find patches of snow in sheltered areas like woodlands as late as early MAY! Usually, it melts off in April, but still freezes at night, which makes for treacherous walking and driving.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
We got 7 inches total. Good thing I don't believe weather men. They first predicted an inch or so with an addition inch today.......Yeah. Ok. lol Heavy wet stuff. The trees around here are drooping terribly. I'd be shoveling my roof with a foot of this stuff.......ummm and that would be interesting. lol

Molly and Betsy wanted no part in playing in it. Must be the wet stuff is no fun because that's their favorite thing to do. Rowdy refused to come out of his dog house when husband tried to let him out of the kennel to play with the girls. He wanted no part of it. So I had Travis take him out a special stock bone I bought for him. Minnie the cat has been dodging in the house all day, and most of last night. lol She doesn't appreciate the wet snow either.

I'd stopped in at walmart on thursday night to pick up Brandon's 1st birthday gift for his party. So while we were there husband and I picked up some odd and end things we needed. OMG the place was packed.

Nichole's boyfriend brought Travis home to go to the party. I hope easy child doesn't have an issue with getting him back to school tomorrow. The roads seem pretty clear, unless they freeze over tonight.

You guys stay safe and warm. husband's brother and his wife are getting a ton. I spoke to her this morning.

Hugs