Burger King....got a new employee today!

DammitJanet

Hold the pickles hold the lettuce, special orders don't upset us, all we ask is that you let us serve it your way. Have it your way, have it your way at Burger King"

Now cant you just hear our dear Cory singing that song every afternoon from now on? :rofl:

Seems our boy walked in and got himself a job with the King himself for after school each day. He can walk to the job (good planning son) and maybe find a ride home or I can pick him up when I get Billy at night.

I do have to laugh inside because Cory swore up and down that he would NEVER work fast food, NEVER work a factory job and NEVER EVER go back to school. Hmmmm...maybe he is learning to NEVER say NEVER!

He does things in such a bass ackwards way. If he had stayed in school in the first place and worked a part time job back then, he would be in such a different situation now. Duh.

Wanna know what idiotic thing came out of his mouth not long ago about him dropping out of high school? He said and I quote: "Momma, I really should have stayed in high school because it really wasnt so hard and I could have done what they wanted me to do and do you realize all the ***** I could have gotten in there? There are tons of girls in high school!!!!"

I looked at him like he was the dumbest thing next to dirt. Ya just figuring out now that girls go to school Cory?

:rofl: :rolleyes: :surprise: :nonono: :crazy:

donna723

Janet -

Does he have to wear one of those funny paper hats?

:bag:

Even if he does, I'm so proud of him! Sounds like he's finally coming around!

meowbunny

I so love when they get a lightbulb moment. Girls in high school? Who wudda thunk? Ticked off all the local employers? No education? McDonald's and Burger King are it, dude!

Hope he finishes at school and that he survives BK for more than a day or two. My daughter declared McDonald's the worst job that ever existed. I can think of a couple worse ones, but not by much.

DammitJanet

I hated fast food and pumped gas back in high school. I didnt last in fast food more than a day.

Now I was the cutest little gas jockey you ever saw with those coveralls and baseball cap running back and forth asking "regular or unleaded? May I wash your windows sir?"

LMAO.

KFld

A working difficult child is a happy difficult child, or should I say difficult child's parents are happy :smile:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Congratulations Janet. How wonderful. All honest work is honorable. It sure is more impressive than sitting on one's butt watching tv all day.

husband worked for the King years ago. Many of the directors and up started out working in the stores while going to school. If he uses his brain, keeps his nose clean, doesn't steal he can get benefits, promotions and raises. It's the unfortunate catch 22 that the very people who are entry level tend to sabotage others and themselves from looking like they are eager to do well.

Give him a pat on the back from this board auntie. If he finds success, he can build on it. He doesn't have to think this is the rest of his life.

DammitJanet

Thanks guys...I will pass on the good wishes.

Fran...I will tell him about your husband. He sure has come far...lol.

What I am so tickled about to be honest is that I get to see him in normal pants that dont sag! He has to wear regular black pants and black shoes. Im so excited!!!

goldenguru

Good for Cory.

Fran is right (as usual) - all honest work is honorable. I hope he feels a sense of pride along with that paycheck :thumb: -

Yeah for Cory.

ScentofCedar

That's wonderful news, Janet! :smile:

Looks like Cory has decided to change his ways.

If he can just stick with the way things are for him now, at the beginning, this part will all be behind him. He will look back on it as the start of a successful beginning.

I'm really happy for you ~ and the way you tell it is so funny!

:rofl:

Know what?

The first time I was in school, I worked at a fast-food restaurant AND an A&W.

Both at the same time.

It wasn't so bad really.

I didn't know any better, and I needed money for tuition and rent and was happy to have work.

I even worked in a pizza factory once ~ now THAT was mind numbing.

Good, good, good for Cory.

You sound pretty fine yourself this morning, Miss Janet. :smile:

Barbara

Fran

Former desparate mom
Janet, husband didn't work in the BK stores as a young man.
He had a yuckier job while in school. He scrapped dirty dishes and loaded the dishwasher in a dining hall. No gloves. Yuck,yuck,yuck.

We just came to know a lot of the executives who started in stores cooking, cleaning, learning the cash register etc. It's a good time for Cory, to use his brain and get some benefits for himself and his daughter. Nothing wrong with having school paid for, health care coverage etc.

DammitJanet

Well there is something to be said for being broke, worried, probation fees looming, felony charges looming, having to go to court monthly and see murderers arraigned and sentenced before you, knowing we really want him to get on his feet but will support him if he is doing something to help himself.

I think he is really feeling his back against a tall wall. It makes him feel bad that I am buying most of his childs needs such as clothes, diapers and Xmas presents. He has such high dreams of what he wants to get her for gifts and I just dont think he can do it.

Fran

Former desparate mom
The best gift any parent can get a child is a stable home with food, electricity, and a parent who is a good example.
Plastic toys come and go and are quickly forgotten. Getting on his feet is as good as it gets in the gift dept.

My dad was not a nurturing, thoughtful guy but he gave me better than what he got. Way To Go! Cory.

Star*

call 911........call 911
See Mom -----he IS Good to the CORE-y.

WAY TO GO DUDE - I AM VERY PROUD OF YOU!

Hugs
Aunti Star

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet

Okay, so it's taken him a while to get there. But he has gotten there. That's important. I'm proud of him. It's not easy to eat crow and admit you were wrong and do things you swore you'd never do.

I do believe the boy is growing up. :smile:

I'm doing a Proud Auntie dance for him. :dance:

Way to go kid!
... It makes him feel bad that I am buying most of his childs needs such as clothes, diapers and Xmas presents...

I'd say that that is a very good sign.

Isn't it something when they figure out something that you've tried to tell them for years?

Steely

WooooHoooo Cory!

Tell him, if he is really good at singing that King song, maybe he can be like the employee that worked at Taco Bell and sang to all of his customers so melodically.......that............ The Ellen show found him, and hooked him up with a recording gig! Too unbelievable, but true!
:rofl:

Seriously, I think this is a great step of maturity on his part!

Martie

Janet,

Tell Cory this board Aunite is very proud of him. BK is the ONLY fast food I will eat...not often, not good for me but at least it tastes good.

Way To Go EVERYONE!!!

Martie

kitty9259

Congrats to Cory!!!

You have to admit it takes initiative to walk into that Burger King and ask for them to hire you.And the pants thing....well, if he is willing to do it... it proves that he is willing to conform in exchange for the all mighty buck(something we all learn one day) This, it seems, is so much more than just the simple act of getting a job.I am really happy for Cory and your family!