By Jove, I think she got it!

tiredmommy

Duckie constantly wants to bring little toys, etc on the bus and to her activities. I generally nix these requests because I figure the item is inappropriate, will be a distraction, or has a high likelihood of being lost.
Well, she decided this morning to try to sneak her tinted lip gloss into her pocket. She's been really impressed by a friend who "puts on her makeup" on the way to school. :hammer: I catch her and remind her why the lip gloss can't go.
Then we talked about trust. I told her that I wanted to be able to trust and depend on her. But trying to sneak things makes it hard to do so, and not being able to trust each other hurts our relationship. She seemed to grasp the concept, wasn't upset and put the lip gloss away.
So fast forward to this evening.
She's getting ready for husband to take her to Daisies. She walks out of her room holding her little digital pets toy and says "I just want you to know that I thought about sneaking this into my bag but I didn't to hurt our relationship. You can trust me, Mom."
:bravo:
I know this glimpse of maturity is probably short lived at best, but I'm going to enjoy it none the less!!! :smile:

jannie

trying to survive....
That's so sweet !!! It sounds like she really connected and understood your conversation !! Great news !! :bravo:

Janna

Aww, TM, how nice. She heard you. God, that is so awesome. I really believe these kids hear us. I'm so glad she "got it". What a good, good, GOOD girl you have :bravo:

Way to go, Duckie!

Janna

tiredmommy

Thanks Jannie, Donna & Janna. It really amazes me because I think this would be extraordinary for a 6 year old easy child, let alone a difficult child. It's truly amazing how far she has come since October 2005. :warrior:
This is Duckie: :smile: