CA members please check in!

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
It was up in No Calif near San Francisco. It was pretty terrible and people are still missing.

It still amazes me, after all of the disasters we have on an ongoing basis, fires, earthquakes, that some people still do not have any kind of emergency plan that does not involve cell phone use. My kids know if anything happens to go to one of the near by schools that are blocks from our house. People were going thru their houses while on fire looking for valuables they needed to take with them. Being in insurance, it is wise to take photos of your home, in and out, and put them on Yahoo or MSN or some storage place on line along with a copy of your insurance policy and other papers you will need where you can access them from anywhere.

Am waiting for our office up North to open to make sure everyone is ok.

Marcie

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I don't know if we have any one from the Bay area on the board... it's a horrible tragedy. I just sat with my jaw dropped last night when it came on the news. :(

KTMom91

One of my cousins and her husband live "close enough to see the fire," and several of their friends had to evacuate. I used to live in San Bruno, where the fire is, and where the houses aren't packed close together, there are eucalyptus trees.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
If any of you want to find out if you live near a transmission pipeline, check out this website:

https://www.npms.phmsa.dot.gov/

I already knew that my house was very close to a major transmission line, but this disaster just brings the reality of the potential danger into sharper focus. Hopefully the one positive out of all this is closer scrutiny of safety and maintenance procedures on these transmission lines.