CA Pet Vet Tax

Status
Not open for further replies.

KTMom91

Got this from the Shiba Inu puppy cam...

We are sending this to our California animal lovers and asking you all to read the following and then make a quick call to Sacramento.

It's no secret that California is in dire need of money, but the governor is proposing that pets be considered 'luxuries' and therefore a 9% to 10% tax should be levied on services rendered by vets. While most of us can afford such a tax, others will be pushed beyond their ability to pay, resulting in the abandonment of many pets.

Please protest this tax by calling Sacramento. The number is to an automated survey at the governor's office. The call is not free, but it It will take less than a minute and will cost very little.

Dial: 916-445-2841

The numbers to press in response to the questions are: 1 - 5 - 1 - 2 (i.e., 1 = for English; 5 = to transfer to veterinary tax proposal; 1 = to choose to comment on the veterinary tax proposal; and 2 = to oppose the tax.

Take a moment and take action NOW. Please tell your friends and ask them to do the same.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
OMG! That's OUTRAGEOUS!!!

What about the elderly who often have pets as their only companions? It's bad enough some cities want to force spay/neuter by fining people to death (and I'm all for spay/neuter, but not when the government is shoving it down my throat and using it as a tool to vampirishly drain (can't say s*ck) more money out of me -- sorry if that's too political), but this is just ridiculous!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
That is just disgusting. Are they going to tax families with more than one kid next??? Urgh.

Can people from out of state call, because I wll be happy to call, up to 10 times a day.

You guys need a new governor.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
That is just disgusting. Are they going to tax families with more than one kid next???

I can just see that... bad enough we have difficult child's but having to pay TAX on them too?! We'd all be driving to Nebraska! :rofl:

KTMom91

I don't think you need to be a CA resident to voice your disapproval. Tell all your friends.

JoG, I agree, we need a new governor.

Status
Not open for further replies.