Call from laison officer at school.

K

Kjs

husband had off of work on Monday and easy child was home. We were discussing their Pittsburgh trip. (leave very early Thursday morning)

We noticed the answering machine blinking. Played the message.
"this is officer X from school calling regarding difficult child." Mind you we have had many calls like this, so our hears fell. "I am calling to inform you that difficult child has been named student of the month. Most overall improved student in the school." :D He went on to say he has called so many times about other issues he wanted to be sure we were told from him. Told us to congratulate difficult child and all his efforts. He is really working hard.

OMG - Tears just came out of my eyes. With all the things going on in our lives right now I just had no idea. Homework is still an issue, but he has turned himself around and is most improved in the entire High School!

He got home and he was not aware, they haven't told him yet. He didn't seem too excited. He's been quiet. I know he is very worried about his flight to Pittsburgh. With that other plane crash difficult child is watching the weather. And, ofcourse, we are expected to get 4 - 8 inches of snow on Wednesday through the night. High only 19 on Thursday. Their flight leaves at 6am from Chicago. difficult child mentioned on Sunday he is afraid of ice build up now.

I don't drive in snow/ice. I am really scared. I cannot drive an hour away on the interstate with weather like that. So, through the website at my work I called a limo service. With my company discount I reserved a 6 passenger limo to pick them up at 3:10am on Thursday morning. Price was amazing. Well worth it. husband and easy child know, but we didn't tell difficult child. I will get up as if I am taking them, until their ride shows up!

please keep difficult child in your prayers that he will be ok. He is so scared. He makes himself sick.

Janna

That is AWESOME Kjs, that difficult child made such an honor. It's so hard for difficult child's to hold it together and he did. How cool.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for everyone.

TerryJ2

Kjs, wow, from h*ll to heaven in a split second. My heart was right there with you!

Neat idea about the limo svc. I wouldn't have thought of that.

Andy

Oh for cool! Way To Go difficult child! My heart is dancing along side yours.

That limo is going to be so much fun. That reminds me that I should start looking into one for the end of the school year. Diva had a limo for her 10th year birthday party and difficult child has been begging for one since he turned 10.

My difficult child is scheduled to fly on April 30th and May 3rd. He is also nervous and asking me if there will be snow at that time.

I will pray for safe travels!

What exciting news. Best improved!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Wow!!

Our answering machine has recorded many ominous messages from the school--how fun to get a "good" one!

:D

--DaisyF

B

bran155

How wonderful for him and you!!! You must be so proud. Congrats to the "Student Of The Month" and his proud mommy!!!

Keeping him in my prayers. Once he is over the initial nerves I am sure he will have a wonderful time.

I am so happy for you. You so needed something good to happen!!! :)

BestICan

This community rocks.
Wow, awesome, congratulations! Enjoy it! Here's hoping for a fun trip and an uneventful flight for difficult child.

Alttlgabby

How freaking awesome is that???? He should be thoroughly proud of himself! Hopefully it will make him strive for more! Poor kid. I know these kids have it so rough and it really isn't their fault that they are "wired" wrong and cannot control some of the things going on with them. You know they want to. But that is just awesome about your son! And hopefully, he will be totally at awe with the limo! :D