Call me crazy but......

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I put a deposit down on a cabin 75 minutes out of town here for next weekend. Instead of traveling the 300 plus miles one way trip to the family cook off, I'm taking the tweedles to a beautiful 3 bedroom cabin. One PCA has agreed to go along as a friend so we don't run into issues of overtime.

I'm going to have my family back again under one roof. AND I'm going to have a "few" disturbed angry people on my tail. I expect I'll be receiving a few calls that I will refuse to pick up.

At this point, I need kt & wm in the same place at the same time. There is too much grieving going on; the kids need to talk to one another & I need to talk to the kids together. Without all these professionals hanging over us. And if no one is going to take the initiative to get visits going between tweedles dee & dum I will.

Someone pointed out the math ~ if there is one visit per month until kt & wm hit 18, that's only 41 visits. I've been pushing this for years as many of you know. The aftermath is ugly however now is the time we have to live through that aftermath & make something positive out of it or I fear for the tweedles interactions after they become adults.

It's time for me to take charge again.....it's been too long & I have the county hanging over my head. I need to be left alone enough to make parenting decisions. Not therapeutic decisions, or medication decisions, but parenting decisions.

Well, we'll see. By the end of the week I may be out of here & off to have some fun with kt & wm together or my butt may be in a sling. Care to place a bet?

Janna

I think the idea sounds wonderful. Considering what you're family has been through recently, why would anyone dispute it?

Having the PCA along is a good idea. You'll have help.

At least if you're butt is in a sling you'll be forced to rest....

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Linda I think it is a sound move. And it's not like you're attempting it without help. Because if you were, I'm pretty sure we'd be fussing at you too. ;) As a family you all need each other more than ever.

I'll be praying it turns out to be a weekend with laughs, the enevitable tears, and some healing.

As for the "professionals" most of the time I think they don't know a whole lot more than we do. ;)

Hope it goes well.

Hugs

donna723

Linda, I think it's a wonderful idea. No one knows your children or knows the situation as well as you do, and I would trust YOUR judgement over theirs any day. And I think it would be wonderful for you to be out from that thundering herd of 'helpers' that are around you all the time. I would imagine that it will be a very emotional weekend but it will give you the opportunity to discuss things face to face, TOGETHER as a family, the way it should be. I hope it turns out to be everything you want it to be!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I hope this weekend away is therapeutic for all of you, Linda.

I don't know what your physical condition is right now but there was a time when you were pretty incapacitated. I would think that having another adult there would serve several purposes---as emotional support and as physical support. If the professionals aren't happy about this getaway, it's probably a good idea to have the PCA there as a "witness" on your behalf as well.

Hugs,
Suz

klmno

I think this is a great idea!! I think you are right in that the grieving together and time alone together is needed and you all need to re-establish your family bonds first, before being around a lot of others- that could have turned into a very tense situation. You are really staying in tune with what you and the tweedles need and making wise decisions- Way To Go!!

crazymama30

I am glad you are taking help with you, and hope it goes well.

If your butt is in a sling, will it be easier to walk? Will the sling have wheels??

Going to my corner.

M

ML

I think it sounds great and I believe in your instincts and decisions about your family better than I do anyone else's. Hugs, ML
PS I hope you have a great time at the cabin.

TerryJ2

Linda, I like the way you think. You've got to try it.
It is YOUR family. No matter what.
I say, go for it.
Parenting means you have your butt in a sling 90% of the time anyway, so why not? :)

ctmom05

Linda.....

The latter part of your post speaks volumes:

"It's time for me to take charge again.....it's been too long & I have the county hanging over my head. I need to be left alone enough to make parenting decisions. Not therapeutic decisions, or medication decisions, but parenting decisions."

If you feel up to taking the driver's seat back, go for it. I think your family, meaning the family you are parenting, will benefit immeasureably.